1,551 results
All reviews la creole dinner buffet phone call nice place to stay great pool food options nice bar live music an ocean view room wifi code lots of variety made great recommendations open ocean french guests king size customer service training small balcony
Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

The hotel is situated in Gosier, which is about a 25 drive to the airport. It has beautiful grounds and a great restaurant called Zawag. The rooms looked brand new and very modern. The layout of the hotel is a bit odd. In order to get to the beach and pool, you have to walk through a large bar and lounge. The pool is surrounded by glass walls. The buildings housing the rooms are scattered throughout the property. Also, be warned that this is a French hotel catering to a largely French speaking clientele. Many of the staff members do not speak English. There were a couple of service issues that prevent me from rating this hotel higher. A word of advice to the management of the hotel. The management should train the front desk staff that the person standing before them is more important than the phone call that is coming in. This happened multiple times when I wanted to ask the front desk staff a simple question. One phone call lasted 5 minutes after I arrived at the front desk before the phone call came in. Perhaps, the hotel should invest in a telephone operator. Also, we wanted to ask the concierge for some advice. Unfortunately, she was constantly busy with other customers. Maybe hiring another concierge would help, particularly since this hotel has well over 200 rooms.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank runningtheglobe
Christine P, Public Relations Manager at La Creole Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2017

Dear runningtheglobe,

We thank you for sharing your comment on Tripadvisor following your stay at La Creole Beach Hotel & Spa.

We take good note of your recommandations regarding our Front Office, Concierge service and will work thanks to it, internally to find solutions.

Regarding the glass balconies around the pool, this is a french law security obligation to prevent any accidents with kids. We took care of investing on a transparent protection in order to keep the aesthetic of our pool area and we hope you enjoyed it.

We are glad to read that over all you enjoyed staying at our property.

We look forwardin to welcoming you soon again at La Creole Beach Hotel & Spa.

Reviewed 21 December 2016 via mobile

Comfortable rooms with many amenities to choose from. Excellent dinner and great selection. Beautiful views and beach. Will definitely return. I was only here for one night so I didn't get to see and do everything but I would recommend it to everyone!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Christine P, Public Relations Manager at La Creole Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2017

Dar Mario J P,

We thank you for sharing with us your feedback an strongly recommending our hotel on tripadvisor, following your stay at La Creole Beach Hotel & Spa.

Your great feed-back will be shared with the entire team.

Happy New Year 2017 to you and your siblings,

Looking forward to welcoming you soon again for a longer stay at La Creole Beach Hotel & Spa.

Reviewed 20 December 2016

From the minute that I walked into La Creole Beach, I knew that I was going to love it! The lobby was large and modern, and there was a lovely jazz band playing when we entered. The staff was extremely accommodating and showed us to our room. Five minutes later, there was a knock on the door, and a man entered holding a beautiful fruit platter. The room itself was bright and decorated with colorful accents, and we had a stunning view of the water. The bathroom was clean and had a great shower. We had breakfast at the buffet in the morning and were pleased with the large selection of food. We also spent the day on the hotel's beach, which was extremely convenient and relaxing. I would definitely stay here again on a future trip to Guadeloupe!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nicole I

Dear Nicole I,

We thank you for choosing La Creole Beach Hotel & Spa for your recent stay in Guadeloupe Islands and for sharing your positive feed-back on Tripadvisor.

We are more than happy to read that you fully enjoyed your experience at our property and will share you very detailed feed-back with our teams.

We look forward to welcoming you again for your future stay in Guadeloupe Islands,

We wish you a Happy New Year 2017,

Reviewed 17 December 2016

I was a bit reluctant at first to book this hotel based on some of the reviews from my fellow Americans. However, I took a risk and glad I did.

My first impression was not that great as the front desk staff that checked me in could use a little bit of customer service training. Not bad but not great.

My room was very nice as I had a junior suite in the new building. The maid service was great. After a long work day it was nice to come back to a very tidy and clean room. The bed and pillows are very comfortable. I have a very bad back so that's important to me.

Most of the guests are from France on vacation and very nice and polite. The staff at the buffet restaurant were extremely pleasant and the service was extremely attentive. I am a very picky eater and still found some good food to eat for dinner.

My advice to American travelers is this; learn a few French words before you go. Guadeloupe is not a French territory, its France but in the Caribbean. They are part of the EU. Attempt to use a few French words and you will be rewarded by even more kindness just for trying. Don't expect other countries to speak English. It's disrespectful.

Every day no matter where I was I tried to learn a few French words or sentences. I learned how to say my room number so I could Impress the hostesses at the restaurant as they ask you for it at every breakfast and dinner. The smiles and kindness that were returned to me were priceless when I spoke to them in broken French.

If you need anything, the concierge service provided by Gwladys and Jessica was fantastic. They took great care in hiring a driver for me to go and return from work each day. They double checked to ensure all was well with the transportation. My driver, Niko, was the best. Always on time, polite, and professional.

At check out, the young man was extremely kind and professional.

i would definitely stay at this hotel again. the grounds are well kept, the staff is pleasant, decent food, and my room was quite nice.

Just remember, even though you're traveling to the Caribbean, when visiting Guadeloupe you're in France and when in France, do as the French do. Take the time to learn a little French and you will be rewarded greatly and have a beautiful time.

S'amuser

Room Tip: Try and book a room in the les palmes building. It's brand new
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank randeg694

Dear randeg694,

We thank you for sharing your feed-back on tripadvisor following your stay at La Creole Beach Hotel & Spa.

We felt very touched reading your comment, negative and positive feed-back, and your vision of the use of the local language when visiting a new place.

Yes, we need to organize more training so that our staff improve their english and yes we totally agree that it is a sharing experience to listen and teach our local language as well as our creole (broken french) to our clientele. It is about sharing, it is about experience, it is about human relationships and for this we are very proud of our staff who are always eager to create contacts with our clientele and share a bit of our culture.

We are delighted to know that you fully enjoyed your stay at La Creole Beach Hotel & Spa and can not wait for you to come back soon and visit us!

We wish you a happy new year 2017,

Warmest Regards from Guadeloupe Islands,

Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

I wrote about my last stay at the hotel a year ago (December 2015). I was not very positive and in fact I recommended you to look for another hotel. However I am back and I have given the hotel one more try - and the result?
This year I was given a fantastic room with a seaside view. The room is newly refurbished and is of a very good international standard. The room is very CLEAN and the cleaning staff is doing a very good job.
The buffet restaurant is getting better. Breakfast is up to a very good standard, however you miss some of the fantastic bread the French are famous for.
The dinner buffet is of a very good standard.
The breakfast service and attitude of the servants needs to improve. They look like they are not happy to turn up for work - the night shift is on the contrary very good. As you can imagine English is not the favorite language, but you get along even though you are not French speaking.
I had some guests over for lunch at the beach. Later we went to the swimmingpool, however they where thrown away by security as they where not residents - they told security that they have been invited by me, but that was not an option - maybe some curtesy should be in place here ?
Having stayed here for close to two weeks, I have changed my mind. The hotel is now highly recommended and it has improved tremendously the last twelve months.
Am I coming again? I think so.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business