My friend and I took a vacation to Puerto Rico the beginning of April with the intentions of doing quite a bit of sightseeing and enjoying the culture of the island. Villas at Palmas was an exceptional choice.
1. The villa was absolutely beautiful. It was clean, it was spacious. The kitchen provided all of the amenities you could think of and the sights from the balcony were amazing, especially in the morning and at sunset. The beach was only a walk away, and it was great to be able to go as we pleased. I couldnt have asked for a more beautiful place, my friend and I were in awe when we arrived.
2. Service was decent. When we arrived there was some confusion with our reservations and we actually did not have a room. Fortunately, the woman at the front desk made arrangements and we were able to book a room. This was frightening though, because I planned everything through a travel agency and I was shocked that the villas wouldnt take extra precaution to make sure everything was perfect. Besides this discrepancy, everything else was great.
3. The location is probably one of the iffy things about staying here. If you plan on leaving the grounds of the resort, be prepared. One, you must speak spanish or at least know a fair amount before venturing in Humacao. Thankfully, I speak spanish, but my friend does not and he had a very hard time. Two, as far as nightlife goes, your best bet are small roadside bars that serve food and cheap drinks. The music was great, the people were nice, but if you are looking for a more modern and traditional type bar/club you will not find it in Humacao or anywhere nearby.
Overall, my stay was absolutely wonderful. I would definitely come back again, especially if I am in need for relaxation, sun, and peace. If you are looking for more of a nightlife scene, you may need to go elsewhere.
- Also Known As:
- The Villas At Palmas Hotel Humacao
- Hotel At Palmas
- Palmas Del Mar Puerto Rico
- Hotel Palmas Del Mar
- At Palmas Hotel
- The Villas At Palmas Puerto Rico/Humacao