“Fun ride to beach ”
Review of Rancho Buena Vista

Rancho Buena Vista
Ranked #5 of 13 things to do in Humacao
More attraction details
Owner description: Come and join us for a ride!! You will enjoy and have a wonderful experience horseback riding crossing Palmas del Mar golf course, going through paths and along the beach. We have rides for beginners, little experience and expert riders. For kids between 3 to 7 yrs old, we have pony rides that is approx. A 10 minute ride and also a kids trail ride, this is approx.A 20 minute ride.
Reviewed 1 April 2016 via mobile

We took five children horse back riding. It was a little hard to reach them by phone, so we just showed up and were able to go on the 1.5 hour ride with another group. We had a nice ride through the Palmas golf course over to the ocean.

Reviewed 28 March 2016 via mobile

This was by far the WORST EXPERIENCE in our family's history of traveling.

I called a day before to make a reservation and to find out wether they allowed 5 and 7 year olds to rides. The gentleman on the other end said absolutley come on over.

Once we arrived I noticed how malnutritioned the horses were. Thirsty, hungry, slow, and when the workers were getting the horses to the people the horses were not cooperating and didnt want to move, so instead they were being pulled by force and this should had been my first DANGER flag.

Shortly after, they start calling my daughters to get on their horses, however, they still had not been offered their helmets an introduction on the horse or how to even guide them, The guides didnt even introduce themselves nor asked if anyone had riden horses before. So my husband went behind the counter got the helmets himself and secured them on my daughters.

First was my 7 year old niece. She was helped on but not secured on the chair (as they secure them in Caraballi). 2nd danger flag. When I asked he said the horses were retired paso finos and were very slow so there was no need to secure her. This was said by the Leader of the ranch.

Then came my 5 year old. Once on, my husband and I asked for her child chair ( as they have in Caraballi) none of the workers knew what we were talking about. This is when the Leader of the ranch came and said he had one. Now he comes with a rope type harness and wraps it around her. I did not feel comfortabe with this set up and in front of all the other riders he said Maam please dont worry this horses are trained for kids.

Now, is time to start the rides. No overview of what we were going to do was given. No questions were asked if there were any first time riders present. No guidance for the the kids in case the horses started doing their own thing. We simply got on and left.

By now my 12 year just rode by me at higher speeds compare to the other horses. I asked the tour guide why that horse was riding on his own and he said, that since they ran out of horses the gave her a horse that is used to lead the toursI freaked out and told him to get my daughter off that horse and give him to oneofthe 2 men that were with us. Again......."Dont worry we got this lady"

Once we arrived at the beach were pictures were taken the guide pulled my 5 year old horse about 20 feet from the rest. This horse was not tied to a tree and none of the guides were there with my 5 year old holdingthe horse. As i called out for them to come and tie him...the horse laid on his side CRASHING on my 5 year old. As I started to scream to please get my baby noone heard me. the horse freaked got back up and now my baby has her foot tangled on the rope-harness that was wrapped around her to "protect" her. She bounced like a rag doll with one leg trapped and the other just hanging like a head down for about 10 seconds until I jumped off my horse and caught her in the air (mommie instinct) By now, my daughter is screaming in fear, her sister was screaming in fear, and At that moment I felt as if I failed my daughters by putting them in that situation. The employees said to us how "lucky she was that this was not TRAGIC! She had a small cut on her chin and they did not have any first aid kit available. They looked at her ankle and said she was fine "at least she didnt fractured it" He said we now had to keep moving as they were other people on the tour. No compassion what so ever. I asked themto send a car for us that I would not put my baby back on that horse.

Once we got back to the ranch by car another rider who had gotten off before the tour started because she said she did not appreciate the way these hoses were being treated. Then she asked how old my daughter was. When I said she was only 5 she showed a sign on the window that stated "Riders must be 8 years old and 48" NO EXCEPTIONS" When I asked why he then told me that my 5 and 7 year old tiny girls could ride he said "Ma'am you just want all the reasons to fight with me" ????
He then said my 5 year old looked as if she was 8! ????

I asked for an accident report and at my first request he declined to give it to me because he said he would loose his job as he shouldve never allowed them to ride! My response to that was.....I couldve lost my daughter just so that you could make $50 (the cost of the tour)

No ice for her foot was offered, no band aid for her chin, not even a glass of water. Furthermore, an apology was never offered and much less a refund on the tour from hell that wasnt finished. He asked if I wanted an abulance to come and check on her, I said yes please, and then he said just take care to a centra care.

Negligence is what this ranch should be called. Animal control inspectors need to shut this place down and take these horses to a stable where they will be taking good care of.

The rest of our vacation was ruined as my daughters foot was extremely swollen and obviuosly in pain. As a mom I cant control my emotions every time I play this in my head. And my 12 year old has had nightmares of her sister being hurt.

So as a mom is my responsibility to be her VOICE. And if you dont want to live with guilt and perhaps have a tragic experience DO NOT GO TO RANCHO BUENA VISTA in Palmas Del Mar and keep your family safe.

9  Thank JDGM02
Reviewed 25 March 2016 via mobile

We made reservations for Good Friday. We double-checked - we asked are you sure you're open on Good Friday? - "Yes." We arrived for our reserved time and no one was there.

5  Thank Rene S
Reviewed 17 February 2016 via mobile

Rose for two hours along trails and the beach. Excellent wranglers--we are novices. If you like to trot you will love this. We did!