“Excellent food at the tapas bar”
Review of Chez daniel

Chez daniel
Ranked #3 of 69 Restaurants in Humacao
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Chez Daniel is located at the marina at Palmas del Mar Resort, which is near Humacao on the east coast of Puerto Rico.
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

I tried both the tapas bar and the xhez daniel while staying at palmas del mar. The food was excellent! First we tried the tapas place and everything we order was delicious. The tapas are big, enough for sharing. We tried the wings, tuna, friedmpalntain with crabmeat, arepas co. Puco de gallo, croquetas de bacalao, churrasco, lobster, and the bean dip and it was great! The fried calamari was not good except for the sauce it came with. The ham croquette were just ok. Service was really good as well. Even though our waiter was really busy because the place was packed we never felt ignore our neglected. The dessert were also really good. The next day we went ro chez daniel. It is more upscale but still dress code is casual. Very good service and good food as well. The escargot were really good. The tuna tartare was just ok. If you can only eat at one, I recommend the tapas bar better

1  Thank prnola
There are newer reviews for Chez daniel

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Beautiful setting, food always very good, very expensive, really costing too much for a whole family

2  Thank Nancy S
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We were staying at Palmas Del Mar. Chez Daniel was a welcome change of pace from the other restaurants on Palmas. It is a bit more upscale dining atmosphere, but definitely not formal (men can still wear shorts & flip flops).

The location is great. Right on the water and they have plenty of outdoor seating right on the marina.

The service was so-so. I would compare it to the other service at Palmas restaurants - a bit slower than ideal, nice staff but not the friendliest you'll ever have.

The food was very delicious. We had the arugula and manchego salad and the caprese salad to start. Both were very good. I'd definitely recommend the caprese as it had a different balsamic type of dressing to help it stand out. For entree's we had the Wahoo special and the seared tuna. They were both excellent. I really can't pick which I liked more, but both were cooked very well and come with sides of potatoes and vegetables. For dessert the waiter highly recommended the profiteroles, so that's what we went with. I could have skipped that and saved the calories. The profiterole dessert was typical ice cream inside a puffed pastry.

Note - the tapas restaurant at Palmas is connected to Chez Daniel. This atmosphere is great as well and they definitely have a more casual lively atmosphere if that is what you're looking for. Tapas restaurant is right on the marina too with outdoor seating.

2  Thank eafaris
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We had a dinner at Chez Daniel and while the food was quite good, I don't think it met the prices, even in a resort area. I think C. Bar Ktichen is better, at similar prices. The staff was mixed. We had a middle-aged male who started off as our sommelier and to be honest, we almost left. To be clear, I wanted to leave. He treated the spanish-speaking guests with a smilie, and was a sullen snoot to us (I know, could language)--it was offensive. I hope the management reads this and speaks to him. The hostess/waitress and her assistant were nice, but not super friendly.

2  Thank hurwitza
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Dinner there was a delight. Wonderful service...appetizers were also tops...escargot..mussels...and tomato mozzarella. We shared a rack of lamb. The wine list a pricey but we had a half bottle that was well priced. Desserts were excellent. A French delight in the middle of outstanding local cuisine of the area. Would definitely go back.

2  Thank eyeu