“Great Meal but Weird Atmosphere”

C.Bar Kitchen in Style
Ranked #2 of 74 Restaurants in Humacao
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I'm not sure if all Palmas restaurants are this way during the summer, but it is very odd to walk into the " #1 ranked restaurant in Humacao on a Friday night at 730 and be the only people. By the time we left there were several other groups but still kind of strange. The restaurant itself is located on the Plaza and is attractive and modern. The menu was limited, but the choices were interesting. Three of us had the skirt steak which was absolutely fantastic. Our appetizer, sort of a croquette type thing was listed as a "local favorite" and was delicious. Everything was expensive, but the portions were decent and really very good. The drinks were over priced and nothing special. I don't plan to return to Palmas, but would visit this restaurant again if I was there. I would not recommend visiting this or any other Palmas restaurant if you are not staying in the resort.

Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

Runs out of food due to small kitchen and refrigerator space. Wines aren't kept in a cooler plus they don't keep a bottle inventory. For that, bring your own bottle. Corkage is $10. Service is inconsistent depends on who you get as waiter.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

C.Bar Kitchen in Style definitely lived up to the billing as the top restaurant in Humacao. We were seated immediately upon on arrival, with Andres serving as our waiter. He explained all of the specials and answered all of our questions about the menu. The meal started off with some salmon croquettes that was served with a citrus aioli. Very good. The main course for my wife was the skirt steak served with the mash of the day. The mash of the day was a peruvian potato, other than tasting great it had a very fun bluish-purple color. Excellent. For my main course I order one of the many specials available for the night, which was grouper. To my surprise a whole fish came out, it was enormous! My side was mamaposteao rice which was on par with everything else, it was excellent. Back to my main course. The giant fish looked as though it had just been caught that morning somewhere in the caribbean, it tasted even fresher. The fried fish was served with some sort of balsamic tomato salsa. It was a perfect compliment. It was the best piece of fish I have ever eaten, beyond excellent!

1  Thank LouisvilleMark
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Good choice with no expectations going into the meal. Service was a bit slow, but the food made up for it. Chalked it up to island time... The Lobster Risotto, and Sea Scallops were fantastic. The drinks were good. Dessert was good, but the Goat Cheesecake with Truffled Graham Cracker bits threw me for a loop. The cheesecake itself was delicious, but I couldn't wrap my head around the truffle aspect... Overall it was a great meal.

Reviewed 25 May 2013

We were on a day trip via rental car and picked this restaurant from GPS list. What a pleasant surprise. Nestled in the gated community of Las Palmas, C.Bar is a standout. From greeting us at the door to the end of the service our waiter was top notch. We were delighted to get the meet the chef. I had the Queen snapper and my husband had the risotto. The quality of taste and visual appeal made it the most memorable meal of our trip. We were enchanted to meet local people and had delightful conversation during dinner. The prices were comparable to the dining options at the resort where we were staying, however, at C.bar, I really felt we got our money's worth. The handmade desserts are not to be missed!

1  Thank Paige M