“Nice course!”

Palmas Del Mar Golf Club
Ranked #4 of 12 things to do in Humacao
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Although is expensive I love the scenary, lovely sea and mountain view. Very peaceful. The clubhouse is very nice , you can have lunch, dinner or just a snack.
Bring you own clubs to save some money. Besides this Palmas del Mar is great resort there is a lot of rental houses and apartments..great restaurants and more. I recommend that you browse in any search engine Palmas del Mar, Humacao Puerto Rico

All reviews
"homes"
"scenery"
"vieques"

Reviewed 27 April 2014

This golf course is beautiful by the beach and a very nice resort. Be advised that playing the course is expensive $200. For 18 holes plus renting the clubs. Course is in beautiful setting and great weather. Very peaceful, not crowed so you have the course to yourself most to the game. Personnel are very nice and helpful. The resort itself is. It your usual resort with tons of amenities. Especially in the off season. They are limited to the number of restaurants that are open and services. All though it was not an issue at all as there are places off site to dine. Renting a car is a must if you want to get around.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Course was in good shape, beautiful scenery, pace of play was great. Great course for intermediate level player. Being an owner of Palmas del Mar would have been half the price.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

The two golf courses were very nice and a reasonable value. We purchased a package of 5 rounds which made it even more affordable. The staff was quite friendly.

1  Thank HeimRandR
See more reviews
Reviewed 17 February 2014

There are two fine courses here, each deserving of a specific review. The Flambo course is a Rees Jones design, opened in 1998. The course was in very good shape in early February; the grounds staff do an excellent job. Fairways are typically open, with generous landing areas. Water is in play on most holes. Traps are abundant. With a 7am tee time (the first of the day), I had the course to myself. Finished in just over 3 hours. Didn't see a soul until the cart lady came by early on the back nine. Water coolers (full of cold water!) are plentiful.

The course is more than 7100 yards from the tips. I played the Whites - and found them an ample challenge at 6415 yards. I thoroughly enjoyed the course and its many challenges.

FYI: This is not an ocean course. The Atlantic is not in play on any hole, and not really a visible part of the experience.

The courses are owned and operated by the Palmas Athletic Club. It is a members-only corporation that permits non-members to play. For us, fees are $135 for either course, and $100 after 1pm. The owners of the condo I rented at Palmas del Mar are members of the Athletic Club, and promised me I would get discounted rates as a result. They lied.The manager of the golf shop explained that I must actually play with a member to qualify for discounted rates. I checked with three other proshop staff during subsequent visits; they confirmed her statements.

Membership in the Palmas Athletic Club is open only to Palmas del Mar property owners. It serves as the Palmas del Mar Country Club. I note this to emphasize that the golf club staff were uniformly friendly, helpful and honest. I was treated as a fellow golfer, an attitude that I value and respect.

I rated this course 'very good' due to two smaller yet significant weaknesses: the bunkers were simply too inconsistent. Most had many stones - big enough to chip a wedge. Sand quality varied tremendously - often in the same bunker - from deep and soft to grainy and thin. Secondly, there is little information about hole yardages. I understand that members don't need that information so much, but visitors like us certainly do. Each hole does have on-course markers (250,200,150,100) to the middle of the greens, but specific distances to hazards, pin placements, etc. are not available. The carts don't have GPS. I asked for and received a yardage book. It provides hole by hole graphics but cannot truly assist on most shots. My Skycaddie was invaluable!

6  Thank TrueBob