“Nice resort hotel on the beach”

Wyndham Garden at Palmas del Mar
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Humacao
Asten, The Netherlands
“Nice resort hotel on the beach”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Spent here 5 nights during a business trip to Humacau.
This place is not the average what you expect for a business hotel, but it is a resort meant for people who stay here for holiday. It is a nice area, and very close to the beach.
Only disadvantage is that there is only one restaurant on the resort. So for a longer stay and without your own way of going around, it can be boring to have breakfast and dinner on always the same place.
For only a drink are more options available. There are a few bars that serve also small snacks.

Just outside the resort, on the beach is also a small restaurant and bar. This place doesn’t belong to the hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Flavia B, Manager at Wyndham Garden at Palmas del Mar, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear PetervdE,

Thank you for taking time to write about your recent stay with us. I apologize for no exceeding your expectations regarding our Food and Beverage choices. I would like to share with you that inside the Elite Community of Palmas del Mar, you will find more than 15 restaurants to choose from and our shuttle bus can take you there. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. I'm happy to know that, otherwise, it appears we provided an excellent experience.

We hope to see you soon.

fbonilla@wyndham.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
NORTHFORD
Reviewed 30 December 2013

This year was our 6th visit to the Wyndham at Palmas Del Mar. It is truly exquisite and our favorite tropical get-a-way. The beach is breathtaking and the pool is just beautiful. It is an eternity pool with swim up bar. The gentleman who works there, Henry, is the best! He knows everything about Puerto Rico and is very hospitable. Our favorite woman to clean our room is Luz...great towel animals! The restaurant there is great for breakfast...buffet on weekends and the dinner specials are reasonable and delicious. The casino is a ton of fun. Wine bar is great! David's restaurant is great for breakfast and late night coffee or ice cream. The flora and fauna here is incredible...iguanas, turtles, cranes, hummingbirds, beautiful flowers. My husband golfed at the Flamboyant Course and was very pleased. Target rent-a-car was great! Our room was beautiful and I cannot wait to return in 2014. My favorite peiople are Flavia Bonilla, Gina and Maria Rivera (they are like family to me). They make your stay extra special! I know there are a lot of islands to visit, but I find it hard not to go there every year because it is the best!

Room Tip: Ground floor...terrace room is great!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Flavia B, Manager at Wyndham Garden at Palmas del Mar, responded to this review, 1 January 2014
Dear Victoria C,

First of all allow me to say once again Happy Anniversary. Thank you for being such a loyal customer of the Wyndham Garden at Palmas del Mar. On behalf of the entire staff, have a wonderful 2014 and hope to see you soon.

Happy New Year.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 December 2013

A very pleasant one-night stand. The room wasn't perfect--the light fixture controlled by a switch near the door didn't work--but it was clean and comfortable. Coming from a stay of several days at a resort in the southwest of Puerto Rico where nature was not allowed to intrude, we were delighted with the giant iguanas hanging about in trees, the sounds of coqui frogs, and the birds and birdsong. The one drawback was the hotel restaurant, which was depressingly dark, quiet, and boring food-wise. Guests should probably eat at other venues within the gigantic Wyndam complex.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Flavia B, Manager at Wyndham Garden at Palmas del Mar, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Sally S,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for your nice review. I am happy to see that you enjoyed our beautiful grounds and nature. I'm sorry we fell short in the restaurant and I have already shared your comments with our Director of Food & Beverage to look into them. I do hope this won't keep you from returning in the future.

Be Well,

durham,nc
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I just spent one night here awaiting the availability of the house we had rented for a week. The check in was excellent and the room was very clean. The bed was fine and I would stay here again.

I also felt that the customer service in the restaurant was very good although the food was pretty average.

I used the valet parking because I was really tired when I arrived and was glad I had. In the morning I was told that my rental car had a flat. Jennety, the parking team leader, and the security people were very helpful (unlike the Avis contacts) and my auto club sent a person to fix the tire. Instead of being left on my own to figure things out I felt very well taken care of by the Wyndham "team".

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ncgrampy
Dear ncgrampy,

Thank you for your recent review of the Wyndham Garden at Palmas de Mar. We have a wonderful team of respectful associates here and I will be certain to let them know how much their "friendliness" is appreciated. We have already recognized the team effort to assist you during the opportunity with the flat tire. Thanks you for taking time to share and have a very Happy New Year!

We hope to see you soon.

fbonilla@wyndham.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Humacao
San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel
Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Puerto Rico Golf & Beach Resort
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort
Copamarina Beach Resort & Spa
Hilton Ponce Golf & Casino Resort

Been to Wyndham Garden at Palmas del Mar? Share your experiences!