“Excellent service, Caters to your desire!”
Review of Il Mulino New York

Il Mulino New York
Ranked #33 of 191 Restaurants in Carolina
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2013

just ate at il mulino and fully believe that any complaint written about this restaurant is born from ones own inability to convey their wishes. everything we asked for was exceeded. our every desire fulfilled and every morsal was satisfying. we wanted to stay longer, they slowed down. we were ready to go, they packed us up. this was an unexpected and truly delightful welcome to puerto Rico. Salud!

Reviewed 8 April 2013

This was great, authentic Italian food, however they were a little too heavy on the garlic. I'm not a huge garlic lover so it was difficult to enjoy because the initial taste in my mouth was garlic and it stayed with everything else I ate.

The atmosphere was very charming and had a true feel of an Italian restaurant in NYC. The service was good and so was the food.

Reviewed 19 March 2013 via mobile

I'm disappointed to say this review is based on the hostess, not the food, which was delicious at dinner (though overpriced). We came to the Ritz to celebrate our engagement. We tried to have a romantic dinner at Il Mulino. When we arrived, the hostess put us at a table smack in the middle of the crowded, tiny restaurant. When I asked her if we could please have the private table in the corner, she replied "no, that's for an anniversary." "Well, we're celebrating our engagement," I said. She didn't try to help. She didn't ask if we were guests of the hotel. She didn't say "let me ask the Maitre D' if we have any other tables." She just left us standing there. And, the worst part (which I knew would be the case) is that the table in the corner and several other private tables in the restaurant remained EMPTY all night! I know because we were there until closing. When you're paying top prices for dinner, you expect top service. Pardon the pun, but the attitude of this hostess left a bad taste in my mouth.

Reviewed 10 March 2013

Comparable to the ones in NY. Had a shrimp dish and a chicken dish that were the best ever. There are a variety of appetizers presented gratis so you can save and dont need to order any, but we did order a salad and it was amazing. The waiter couldnt have been more attentive and when he lost our credit card he was distraught. We left without it being found but got a call 10 minutes later that it was found and as an accomodation for the inconvenience, the manager cancelled our credit charge and there was no charge for the meal. An excellent night!

Reviewed 9 March 2013

With many over priced restaurants to choose from, Il Mulino did not impress. The waitstaff was excellent, but that is to be expected when one pays such high prices. My Caesar salad was mediocre, at best. I had to ask for anchovies and when they arrived, the heaping mound made me think I was the first to ask for this salad's staple. I was with a party of 10 and more than once the server asked one of our group to stand so he could serve or prepare something table side. Whether in beautiful San Juan or NYC, I will not be dining at Il Mulino again.