“Traditional cuisine ala Borinqua” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Platos Restaurant & Bar

Platos Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #5 of 174 Restaurants in Carolina
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Bar, Spanish, Puerto Rican
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: The true taste of Puertorican food! Come and enjoy a piece of Puerto Rico with our variety of dishes. Mofongos, Angus Beef, Seafood, Paellas, Pasta and much more. Your favorite drink awaits for you at our bar. Also you can try our house drinks, sangrias and more. By the glass or a bottle, you will find your favorite wine at Platos Restaurant in Isla Verde. Red, Sparkling, Rosé or White, we have it
Maine
“Traditional cuisine ala Borinqua”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Loved the food choices, the service. Sangria drink house specialities....expensive but delicious.
Music played whole time we ate, a little too loud. Fried cheese and guava was delicious.
Mofongo was excellent. Nice restaurant to experience.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

• Polish first
Huntington Beach, California
“Great mofongo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

I went at the perfect time as they had live singers that night. I sat at the bar and got to watch some college football and had a bartender who was always engaged with me and my thoughts of the entrée I ordered. I ordered a skirt steak mofongo and it came out perfectly. The bartender even got some extra sauces so I could experience the different flavors.

Visited November 2013
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Very Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

Recommended by the front desk clerk and was right across the street from the hotel, so we walked across the street and tried this place on our first night of vacation.
Our waitress was adorable! She patiently explained food on the menu as my husband and I are not familiar with Puerto Rican food.
I am so proud of my husband who ordered the mofongo and ate a substantial amount of it. He is not so experimental with food choices, so this is a really big deal for him! I had a nice chicken dish with rice, it was quite good. Be warned, the portions are huge, so sharing a meal is not out of the question. It is a little pricey, but for the amount of food, I think it is quite fair!

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Caguas, Puerto Rico
“Exceptional!!! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

It is one of our favorite restaurants. They serve Puertorrican food with a gourmet twist. The yuca mofongo is outstanding, dishes are beautifully presented and the variety of sangrias are great and delicious.

Mount Kisco, New York
“Great !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Loved everything from the service to the food and the drinks were all awesome will come back. The food it's tasty and the sangrias are rhe best around go ahead and try different flavors of sangria you will not regret it.