“Delicious!”

Hotel La Playa (La Playita Bar)
Ranked #2 of 5 Nightlife in Carolina
New York City, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

Stayed at the El San Juan...took a walk down to La Playita for lunch. The place is quaint and unassuming. Right on the end of the beach. Nice breeze coming through.

I had the Mofongo with shrimp in garlic sauce....omg, it was delicious. I ordered the accapuria for my 7 year old but she ended up eating half my lunch.

Highly recommend.

Visited February 2012

Minnesota
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“La Playita Bar”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2011

We stayed at Marbella in Isla Verde Beach for 26 days in Jan 2011. A 5 star condo. The La Playita Bar overlooks the ugliest part of Isla Verde Beach & has no beach access other than watching the planes take-off from the Airport. The food, beer & alcohol are all overpriced. There are many other small restaurants/bars on the main drag that have way cheaper drink prices & much tastier food than this OVERRATED restaurnat/Bar. We have rented a condo in Marbella fro two months in 2012. I can assure you WE WILL NOT EAT OR DRINK at this overpriced bar.

Visited January 2011
3 Thank gw7421
Salem, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Wonderful hotel staff, clean rooms & excellent drinks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2011

I stayed here with my spouse for ten days. We used this hotel as our "home base" while in PR. It is the perfect location (although difficult to find through the one way streets), located in the heart of Isla Verde. Beach access is literally across the street. Amazing view from the restaurant/bar. Food is fairly average, but a great place to eat after a long, tiring day. Robert the bartender, is simply awesome. We spoke to him at length during our stay. He is a very nice conversationalist & totally professional. He is an excellent drink maker and listens to what you're looking for in a drink, then concocts one to your satisfaction. Jacqueline at the front desk was most helpful. I tried to tip her $5 for helping us book some activities and she refused, saying that was her job. She even went as far as to print a lot of information & leave it on our bed while we were away (at our request). Such a sweet lady. Linda at the front desk is very nice, down to Earth & quite humorous. Alberto the owner was constantly busy helping his staff & ensuring everyone was satisfied, all the time with a smile on his face. Although our room was small, it was clean. Margarita the cleaning lady was so sweet. She doesn't know a lick of English, but that didn't keep us from communicating. I tipped her twice and she was extremely grateful, & attentive with beach towels & cleaning our room spotless. Although this is an older hotel and small and doesn't look like much compared with expensive hotels on the strip, I would recommend this hotel to everyone. Just smile at the staff and engage them in friendly conversation, and you'll find out how important it is to them that your stay is special.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank WinstonTheBulldog
Lawrenceville, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Our First Meal in Puerto Rico was at La Playita”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2010

The food was "Super Expensive". My wife and I ordered Mofonfo and I had a Mojito and we were charged $56.00. Also, A 15% gratuity is added automatically to the bill which is crazy. The menu is small and is pretty much devoid of choice. I would definately recommend someplace else for a different meal

2 Thank mphilip
New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“The Best Lunch / Bar Drinks in the Ritz/El San Juan Vicinity”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2010

We were lucky to have been told about this place at the start of our trip by a friendly local. We were staying at the EL San Juan, so you can actually see Hotel La Playa from the beach in front of the El San Juan. It is a 4 minute walk down the beach to the Hotel La Playa, so we went and boy were we happy! They have a lovely lunch menu. We had the shrimp cocktail, excellent, we had the hummus, excellent, we had the burger and fries, excellent. We also had the mahi mahi and the snapper. Both excellent. All the choices were fresh, reasonable and delicious. I also had their house special drink, a mix of 151 rum, fresh coconut water, amaretto and boy was it good! Their mohito's are also great!
And the beautiful view??? Did I mention it? Don't miss it!

1 Thank Lauren_Nann