“Don Jose is located in between El San Juan and the Ritz Carlton Hotel.”
Review of Don Jose Restaurant - CLOSED

Don Jose Restaurant
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: Treat yourself to the Taste of the Puerto Rican cuisine. The new world cuisine of the Caribbean, with its emphasis on only the freshest ingredients and seasonings, offers an exciting blend of taste sensations. Puerto Rican cuisine has been influenced by many culinary disciplines, including European, African, and Asian to name a few. Enjoy the taste of our original mashed plantain stuffed with shrimp or chicken or just our onion beef steak with rice and beams as a sample of our great variety of Puerto Rican dishes.
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Don Jose is located in between El San Juan and the Ritz Carlton Hotel. Went there for breakfast and was pleasantly surprised. Eggs and bacon were good. Bacon done extra crispy, just the way I like. The Chicken with rice and beans was also good. A generous portion for $6.50.

There are newer reviews for Don Jose Restaurant

Reviewed 1 November 2013

My experience had noting to do with the food or service because I didn't eat here. I walked in around 9 PM it was dimly lit, the man who greeted friendly but at the same time I got an uncomfortable feeling but most of all the place smelled so I left and went down the street to a restaurant I can't recall but the Mofango and churasco were delicious at this other place. During the day if I were to ever return to Puerto Rico, I might try it for lunch. However, Puerto Rico is the last place I ever want to visit again.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

We had mofongo at Don Jose for dinner one night. The food and service were both excellent, and we would definitely go back if we had the chance. Easy walk from our Isla Verde hotel.

Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

We just have breakfast at Don Jose and went for a walk on the beach. We are so pleased with the server, food and value that made us review this place before getting back to our hotel room. Food was everything you would imagined as homemade and fresh coffee. Definitely will come back.

Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

I had the grilled chicken breast, rice & beans and it was GOOD! Friend had the red snapper and and the fried pork chops and they enjoyed the food too! Service was good and quick! Small, quaint restaurant with the PR culture all throughout!