“Capt. Omar is the Man” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Caribbean Outfitters

Caribbean Outfitters
More attraction details
Owner description: Caribbean Outfitters provide a premier sport fishing charter in San Juan since 1994. We offer Deep Sea Fishing on a beautiful Bertram 35 fully rigged for marlin, swordfish, tuna, mahi-mahi and wahoo. All Shimano Tiagara and Penn International reels will be provided along with fresh ballyhoo and top branded lures. Fully bathroom and salon are part of the comfort First Lady will provide. Our light tackle for tarpon division offers 2 state of the art bay boats. A Pathfinder 24 fully rigged a Yamaha four stroke 200hp, 100 gallons of bait wells, full color fish finder, 25 gallons of fresh water, Shimano Stella reels, Fluorocarbon leaders and Owners hooks, is our live bait fishing machine. As part of our fleet we provide a Hydra Sport Bay Bolt fully rigged with plenty of room for fly fishing. With the best American and local staff, Caribbean Outfitters will provide a full sport fishing experience in San Juan. Sport Fishing Mag. April 2010 Feature Caribbean Outfitters and San Jose Lagoons as one the top 14 places in the world for tarpon.
Saint Francis, Minnesota
“Capt. Omar is the Man”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

If you want the best tarpon fishing experience in PR, then there is only one guy to call, Capt. Omar. I booked my first tarpon fishing trip with Capt. Omar and it was all-around excellence. From the first phone call to book the trip to the end of the day having a beer on the dock with Omar it was perfect. I wanted to try to catch a tarpon from a kayak. He had everything I needed, including a sweet 14 foot Jackson kayak. He spend the first part of the day working very hard to catch bait while other boats went by us out to the lagoon to fish right away. I know nothing about tarpon fishing or the local water, so I was a bit nervous as to why we were waiting so long to get out there. I didn't have to wait long to get my answer. We got out to the spot, Capt. Omar was explaining everything about the area to me. I launched the kayak from the mothership and started paddling. Several other boats were in the area (same ones that didn't stop for fresh, live bait) and literally within 15 minutes of paddling I hook up with a nice tarpon. Capt. Omar was perfect, calling out instructions only when needed. I've fished a lot of other species (mostly fresh water) from a canoe and a kayak, but this was an unbelievable experience. This fish, which Capt. Omar would later tell me was easily 70 lbs. proceeded to drag me for the next hour and 45 minutes across the lagoon (we figured almost a mile and a half! Finally the fish tired enough to attempt to land him in the kayak. I get the fish up Capt. Omar goes for the camera and I acting like it was the first time in a kayak drop the fish after he starts thrashing around. Not to give excuses, but I was also completely drained from the fight this fish put up. Anyway I have the picture in my head, I landed it on my lap for a few short seconds (unfortunately the only proof I have was the slime on my shorts) but we were not able to get a picture. To this I have to apologize to Capt. Omar. Guys / Gals, if you want to fish with the best Capt. Omar is your man.

Visited April 2014

Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tough day for bait, and we still had tarpon on the line for two hours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

Captain Omar came recommended to me by the best fishing guide in South Carolina. He didn't disappoint. Even though it was difficult to catch the bait of choice, we hooked four tarpon during the trip. He and his wife are delightful to work with, and you will not be disappointed. If you love to fish, this is a must do adventure. I come to Puerto Rico every year to visit my family, and I will book this trip every time I can. I have already started recruiting friends for a trip this summer or next fall.

Throop, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Awesome Fishing Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

We met up with Capt Omar at 6 in the morning. We were immediately treated to an amazing sunrise as we made our way into the lagoon. He took us to some of his favorite fishing spots and explained in detail, the best way to land a Tarpon. After trolling for a while my brother had one on his line. With Capt Omar giving him helpful advise, he landed a 25 lb Tarpon. Little did I know that that is considered a small one. Not long after that my sister-in-law caught one. It took a while but she managed to finally reel it in and I was amazed to see her land an 80 lb monster. It was huge. Thanks Capt Omar for a fantastic fishing trip.

1 Thank marytg00
Fargo, North Dakota
“Day O' Tarpon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

Thank you so much to Captain Omar and Caribbean Outfitters! We had a wonderful time. Captain Omar was punctual, his boat and gear were in great repair and everything was very clean. His instructions were calm and helpful and he had great ecological knowledge of the area. The interaction was fun and it was great to learn from him. We had so much fun laughing, learning and landing fish. We can't say enough to recommend Captain Omar and Caribbean Outfitters. I would bet we will be back!

Omar O, Owner at Caribbean Outfitters, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Hi Jean:

Thank you for The completes and your wonderful review! I also have a lot of fun fishing with your family. Looking forward to fish with you again!

Cheers!

Omar
Calgary AB
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“My first tarpon experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Who is Captain Omar Oracca? He is the best tarpon guide that I fished with during my charter. His patience and caring personality made the trip a very memorable one that I will not forget. His enthusiasm is second to none. His instructions during the fishing were very helpful and professional as he told us exactly what to do while my son and I were hooked into 12 tarpon in total and landed 2 out of the lot. For a first trip at tarpon fishing (four hour tour) I must say WOW am I dreaming???? My dream was to catch my first tarpon and that dream was fulfilled and I can't thank Omar enough, My son couldn't say enough about Omar as he also bonded with him. His first mate Nick was also very helpful as he was the one that hooked me up with the Captain. Captain Omar treats you like family so if you want to experience a personal outing for tarpon fishing he is the man. For that reason I will be returning next year to fish with Omar again. See you next year Captain Omar. Thanks for the memories Jean & Justin from Calgary Alberta Canada

Visited February 2014
1 Thank cruizinroxyroller
Omar O, Owner at Caribbean Outfitters, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Hi Jim:

Thank you very much for taking few minutes to expres such of nice words. Also it was a pleasure to introduce you on tarpon fishing bad habit! Looking forward to see you again!!
Hey saw my new discovery on the txt I send you? All on fly....jajaja
Big hugs.