“"Wonderful Birthday Surprise"”

Costumbres Argentinas Restaurant
Arizona
“"Wonderful Birthday Surprise"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

My boyfriend and I visited this restaurant as my 31st Birthday present this past March, it was my first time, but he had visited several times before and told me how wonderful it was. He is a Chef, I knew it was great because he is very demanding of the places he goes to eat. And he was right, It was love at first sight.

The place was immaculate, the service was excellent from the moment we came in the door, sat at the table, received our food and left. I had a very attentive waiter and as a firs-timer gave me a lot of tips on dining in the restaurant. He took his time and helped us select our main dishes. The food was really delicious (and I'm a picky eater) and it was not pricey at all. We ate a "Parrillada" (you can see it in the picture) its a dish that includes several cuts of meat (churrasco, chicken breast, pork chops, argetinian sausage, ribs and "morcillas" (blood sausage), a cesar salad, garden salad, a pitcher of red sangria, 2 glasses of brandy and it was almost $70.

The ambiance was great, very modern and elegant. They have a very romantic setting, but it can be visited for business, family reunions or celebrations, to have a great time with friends or simply relax at the bar after hours. Its a great spot. During some days of the week they have live music and bohemia. The interior design is gorgeous even though they use a lot of dark colors, like brown, black, chocolate, etc. Its walls are covered with iconic faces of famous Argentinians such as Carlos Gardel, Diego Armando Maradona, Juan Carlos Copes and Maria Nieves, among others. On the other hand, I was amazed when I saw the four rods Grill that served as a visual spectacle for me and other diners, in which I could see how they cooked the ribs, pork, veal and lamb on firewood.

I had a wonderful experience and wanted to share it with Trip Advisor's readers, and when I searched for it and saw it wasn't listed I had to request permission to add it... I thought this Restaurant had to be added to this page, for people to know where to have a great time and eat great argentinian food.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Dark_Pixie

Caguas
“Excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

Excellent service. Food is great and an amazing sangria.