“Fun place to eat”
Review of Made in Puerto Rico - CLOSED

Made in Puerto Rico
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Spanish, Puerto Rican
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Fun place to eat”
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

Decided to eat here after our hotel concierge recommended it and we were pleasantly surprised. Upon arriving we were skeptical. Seemed to be in a dingy area but once we arrived the outside bar and Latin music blaring gave us a great feeling. Food was decent. My fish was a small portion but still delicious. My husband got paella which was huge. My son (2 years old) enjoyed the lively atmosphere and allowed us to stay for dessert which is rare. I highly recommend the fried cheesecake.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank meg817

Morristown, New Jersey
“Good place”
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

We ate here and found the food to be great. We had the PAELLA for two people. I have to say they were very generous with ALL the seafood. Every bite had more than enough seafood in it, the seasoning was great. The only downside was the coke, my husband had one in the can and it was flat (whats up with that ?) He told the waiter and he brought him a fountain soda. The restaurant is in a mall which could be easily overlooked. The theme reminded me a lot of "abuela's house" and everyone dresses like they were took me back to being a kid. We had enough left over for lunch the next day but unfortunately due to hotel issues we couldn't eat it. It is a little walk but the nights are wonderful to be out and about.

Puerto Rico
“Bad service!!!”
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

I'm very sorry to say this, because I hate bad reviews...I came her on Saturday and waited 20 minutes to be seated...that's ok, but 40 minutes after seated no one attended us, my husband went to a waiter and he said sorry and took an order for drinks, 20 minutes after no drinks nor food, my husband went to the hostess and she said she was going to send someone and nobody went...after 20 more minutes we decided to leave and told the hostess and she laughed at us. We were a group of 7 I think that was very rude to leave us waiting like that. I was told already they had bad service, but I went anyways, because i was here a couple a weeks before and had a great time. :-(

“So so experience”
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Surprised by the number of locals who seemed to be eating here. Music was a bit loud, but not too bad. Made the mistake of ordering a house salad. It's a rather bland mix of lettuce, cabbage, and large slices of tomato. The problem is that they give you some salad with your entree and with your soup (so I ended up with 3+ servings of the same bland salad). The house dressing was too sweet for my taste. The soup was too salty. I ordered rice and peas as my side, but seemed to have gotten the rice and beans and chorizo instead. The rice was quite dry and not that appealing. Service was OK (not as bad as described in some of the other reviews). The only good part was the large serving of flavorful snapper that was served as my main course. Didn't have a chance to try either of the other 3 Puerto Rican and Cuban restaurants that are within 2 blocks (check out their reviews on Trip Advisor), so can't make direct comparisons.

Setauket
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very nice server, but very slow”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This restaurant has average prices and is located nearby many hotels. The biggest downfall to our experience with this restaurant was the lack of adequate service. While our server was very nice and cheerful, it took us over thirty minutes to receive drinks and we had to ask multiple times for them. I can't say I'd go back!

• Visited February 2014