“Lovely veggie burger” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Viamonte Restaurante

Viamonte Restaurante
Cuisines: Argentinian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Lovely veggie burger”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

I had the veggie burger which was superb which came with homemade chips. I want to eat it all over again. Quick and friendly service from a young guy. Poured our wine nicely and made our lunch a great experience. Beef burger was good too, gourmet style burger. Portions aren't enormous but prices aren't large either. Would return for sure

• Visited April 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Massively overrated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

Entirely agree with the 5th Jan reviewer, although bizarrely the restaurant has gone up to no. 1 since it was posted! Although in a good location, it is not really a proper restaurant, more a cafe. We stopped there for a quick snack, and while the food was OK, the service was just appalling. Not going back.

1 Thank 01dBanker
Los Angeles, California
“Stay Away - False Reviews. Not # 1”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

We had an absolutely awful dining experience at this place after reading that it was # 2 in Chacras de Corria (now up to # 1). The service was just awful, inattentive, incorrect items, forgotten items. To top it off the food was equally as bad, in fact we returned several items. We complained both to the waiter and to the manager but nothing was done to attempt to fix the experience. If you read the "excellent" and "good" reviews for this restaurant you can tell that most of them are false since (i) they are very short, (ii) lack details as to an actual dining experience, and (iii) are all in Spanish (Chacras de Corria has a lot of tourists so you'd expect a lot more reviews in English). I don't normally write reviews but the place was so bad, and the TripAdvisor rating so false, I wanted to take the time to warn others to stay away. There are lots of great restaurants in Mendoza and they have real reviews / ratings. I'd recommend that you read the actual reviews and make up your own mind. Please boycott this place until they deliver on their over-inflated rating.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Gerry00732655
Cali, Colombia
“Obviously False Positive Reviews - Worst Meal in The Last Five Years”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

Don't believe the rating of this place, they're obviously left by friends and family of the owner. We sat ourselves down at a empty (but dirty) table .... half the food on it had been left by the previous patrons, we later found out why. We sat ourselves down since the waiters were too busy to acknowledge us. We waited 15 minutes, but no one came. At that point we went to get our own menus, the waiter apologized and said they'd be right out. Eventually they came, but they never came to take our order. The table across from us left since they were never attended to either. Another group took the table and eventually left too since they were so frustrated waiting. Noticing what was going on, we were quite forceful calling the waiters by waving them down (we had already waited more than enough by that point). The waiter didn't write down our order but pretended to memorize it ... we joked that half of the stuff would probably be wrong .... and it turned out that we were right. We waited a lot more time, the wine eventually came, a Sauvignon Blanc, the only one on their menu. It was warm. We asked why (after all we're in the middle of wine country and Sauvignon Blanc, like champagne, should be served almost ice cold) but we were assured that all the white wine, including the champagne,, was the same warm temperature. It should have come with a ice bucket, but it didn't, so we asked for one. One eventually came, but it was only 1/3 fall of ice / water leaving the top 2/3 of the bottle exposed to the 30+ degree celcius temperature (we were sitting outside). I took it myself to the bar and asked the cashier to fill it up with ice ... which took some convincing and a wait in itself.. I then took it myself to the bathroom to fill it up with water. Our appetizer never arrived, nor a coca cola that we had ordered. Our mains showed up, we asked what happened to the appetizer, it was brought later. The coca cola was also re-ordered a second time but it never showed up. The appetizer was raw, dripping of oil, and was inedible ... we refused to pay for it. The mains were not much better, we all left most of it on our plates. I ordered a veggie burger, it was honestly the worst I have had in my life ... just a bunch of unseasoned lentil beans stuffed between some stale pita bread. We ultimately ordered the bill, it took a long time to come ... we honestly thought about getting up and just leaving since everything was so awful and no one would have noticed given how inattentive the staff were. But I went to the front desk to pay for it directly, I told the cashier (who appeared to also be the "manager") about our experience and he tried to defend it. He said it was the "only complaint" they had received all night, to which I just burst our laughing since people were complaining and leaving the place left, right and center. I explained every issue we had (some of which I haven't even covered here) but he just didn't want to listen. If you've ever seem Gordon Ramsey's "Kitchen Nightmares" program then this was a prime candidate which I pointed out to the cashier who had no willingness to accept that anything was wrong at all. I have absolutely no idea how it's rated at # 2 in Chacras de Corria, we ate at other great restaurants in the area (e.g. Dantesco), and this place was such a joke that it was funny. The funny thing is that it was busy, which usually means that a place is good, but in this case, it was really, really, really, really bad in every respect so we just laughed it off, paid the bill and left. I didn't argue with the manager or waiter but I told them for their own sake what was wrong so that they could fix it. They just weren't interested which was frustrating since I was trying to do it for their own benefit, not for mine -- I'll never be back. What a bizarre experience in an area that is otherwise so well known for excellent food and service. There is no way that it was an "off night" -- the place was obviously so mis-managed that there's no way that it could be ever good. I've learned to be careful with places with only a few reviews (all of which are positive) and I highly recommend you skip the place and instead try the other excellent restaurants in the immediate area.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank diloga123
Keene, New York
“Basic but good ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

This bar resto on the square is a great choice for a simple meal where you can linger and watch the locals go by. We had drinks, pizza and a bottle of red. Friendly attentive wait staff. Their t-shirts said it all (translating) Happiness is in the little details.