Finca Adalgisa was absolutely above and beyond our (high) expectations. We stayed at the hotel two nights in September 2011 – the very first two days of their new season! Even though they were just reopened - the hotel staff were at the top of their game. Arriving in the afternoon, we found our room had been upgraded to a beautiful little suite, with a hammock, a living room area, a small porch and a wet bar. Our room offered wood and a fireplace, as well as wifi, candles, iPod dock and a huge picture window looking right out onto the vines. The rooms were fittingly rustic without being old fashioned or run down in any way. The whole estate has a great feeling of being in and among the vines – the house is nestled into the vineyard and you are invited to walk and lose yourself among gardens, flowers, fountains and olive trees. It was splendid - even in early spring – so I can only imagine as it becomes more lush and green. Though you are actually in a small town – you feel worlds away from anything! (It’s a pleasant afternoon walk through the city downtown.)
After settling in we were greeted warmly by owner Gabriela who personally took us to the estate’s little winery. She showed us the process and facilities and told us about her family home and the founding of the hotel. The Finca is a tiny working winery and they make just about 5000 bottles of each vintage right there on site! Gabriela then invited us into the tasting room – an amazing and beautiful space that is a highlight of the hotel --one that truly sets it apart. Overlooking the vineyard with huge windows, the tasting room offers multiple fireplaces, comfy couches, fresh flowers, books and board games for a nightly wine and cheese tasting. We were so happy and comfortable that we ordered a light dinner here as well – a tasty charcuterie and vegetable plate.
This tasting room and hotel itself hits just the right note of casual elegance that you look for when visiting wine country. The staff was warm, personal and multilingual. We would return in a heartbeat.
(While visiting make sure you taste their homemade olive oil, and participate in Cristina’s cooking class!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Finca Adalgisa is an early 20th-century manor house and vineyard estate in the heart of Mendoza wine-growing region of Argentina. It is a charming family home converted in 2001 into the first boutique wine hotel and winery in Mendoza. Our guests are warmly welcomed as new friends and our home is your home. We have a relaxing and informal environment where things can be arranged spontaneously. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Finca Adalgisa Wine Hotel, Vineyard & Winery reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finca Adalgisa Boutique Hotel And Winery By Bodega Furlotti
- Finca Adalgisa Mendoza
- Finca Adalgisa Hotel Mendoza
- Finca Adalgisa Wine Hotel, Vineyard & Winery Chacras De Coria, Mendoza, Argentina