“a home away from home”

Finca Adalgisa Wine Hotel, Vineyard & Winery
Reviewed 12 November 2013

This was our third hotel in Argentina and once again all 8 in our party felt like it was home. We were greeted upon arrival with wine and a tour of the hotel grounds which includes vineyard, winery, tasting room and eating area. We were told to make ourselves comfortable--which we did--and pretended it was our farm.

This was a very homy place to stay with lovely rooms and attentiveness. We thank our hosts, just wish we could have had more time.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Finca Adalgisa Wine Hotel, Vineyard & Winery

Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

Pro's-
Such a gorgeous property, beautifully vines, amazing structured old farm house.
So many fantastic places to take the best pic's ever. 5 stars on the property!

The young girls working the front of house "reception" area are sweet & really accommodating.

Con's-
Owner has 3 or 4 dogs herself, I love dogs so I thought it was okay, UNTIL I seen them circling around the restaurant where people are trying to ENJOY their meal. I know my husband & I felt very uncomfortable as the dogs sadly lack hygiene, the owner was also in the rest. so she obviously thinks its appropriate. NOT WE!!!

Biggest issue "consistent barking from neighboring dogs". Not an hour, more like several hrs without a break. It's soooo sad that this issue ruins Finca Adalgisa's experience. Reception feedback: "sorry nothing we can do they are not our dogs". Closed book on my complaint. UNTIL, I could not sleep, I phoned them from the room & communicated I was not happy after pay 350 dollars, it was certainly not worth the price.

Owner upgraded me to a room in the front of the farm SUPER QUIET!!! Brought me fruit as we were flying out early the next morning.

Why did we feel that we were staying in the Amity ville of Horror suite. Where does one start!

Mosquitos in the room.
Flies in the room.
The bed was harder than concrete.
The wooden floor was drastically sloped in different areas. It was like walking in a 100 yr old barn in its original state.

Beautiful small vineyard & surrounding tree's...we tried opening our room window to break their barking (lasted a few min's) back to barking non-stop. It was like a horrible NIGHTMARE!!!!

Their is also a human touch missing on this property.

If you are seeking REAL warm, cozy & quiet I highly recommend Lares de Chacras. They are truly professional & this would never occur on their property! Best lodge in all of Chacras. We were so SAD they could only accommodate us for 2 days.

I WISH I WOULD HAVE LISTENED TO PERVIOUS POSTERS THAT WARNED OTHER ABOUT THIS ONGOING SITUATION!!!! Next time I will!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank billionsandnocure
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

It is a very nice bed and breakfast in Mendoza. It was a good base to explore wineries in the area. It is advisable to rent a car, the roads are good and places relatively easy to find. That being said we did struggle to find Adelgisa. The rooms are fine and it was lovely to join other guest for a glass of wine before dinner. The staff are amazing and go out of their way to please and we were given wonderful recommendations!

Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank MarieLouise3936
Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

We were lucky to recently stay at Finca Adalgesia when in Mendoza and found it to be one of the loveliest places we have stayed in. We were only sorry our stay was not longer. The welcome was especially warm and helpful, our room was spacious and very comfortable and the winery grounds surrounding the small hotel were lovely to look out on. We also enjoyed sharing the complimentary evening wine and cheese with our host and other guests. A lovely touch. We would love to visit again!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank JennyB_10
Reviewed 11 September 2013

The other reviews have accurately described this property and its wonderful staff. Here are some thoughts.

Very hard to find the first time. No signage. We used the new Garmin South America Map for our GPS and it worked well.

They require payment in US dollars, which is kind of weird.

Their cooking class for empenadas is over US $100/person. Way too expensive for what you get.

Their tours are also way too expensive. Paid less that 30% of their asking price by doing it on our own.

Still, at about $200/night, this was a great stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My husband and I stayed here right before they shut down for winter for a few days.

The stay at Finca was amazing. The staff was so accomodating and helpful. They really made you feel welcome. The rooms were charming and cozy. They build a fire for you every night. Definitely do the cooking class, it's an incredible experience and interesting to see slight differences across cultures. The food from the class is of course delicious.

Having the bikes for use was really helpful for getting to some of the wineries. We were also able to walk to a few in town with no problem. Breakfast was delicious and enjoying a glass of wine in the evenings overlooking the vineyard was romantic. Truly a wonderful experience that my husband and I will always remember.

Room Tip: There's a 2 story room with a big window looking out on the mountain.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2013

A friend and I traveled around Argentina for 2 weeks and this hotel and vineyard were a wonderful way to end our trip. The location is about 45 minutes driving from Mendoza but it feels a world away from traffic, noise, and busy city life. The small vineyard produces a limited supply of wine and olive oil each year that is available only to the guests of the hotel. They serve both in the cozy lounge that faces the vineyard. I don't normally like red wines, but I liked their Malbec so much that I bought 6 bottles which they shipped back to the USA. Its a short walk to restaurants in the small town and a short drive to neighboring vineyards/tours. I would stay here again, but hopefully in summer so I can enjoy the pool!

Room Tip: The rooms towards the back are quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
#7 of 84 in Mendoza
Posada El Encuentro
Posada El Encuentro
#4 of 9 in Chacras de Coria

Been to Finca Adalgisa Wine Hotel, Vineyard & Winery? Share your experiences!