Having spent three weeks in Argentina on honeymoon if I could pick one place to be whisked back across the Atlantic to for just a few more days this would be it...
Despite hours poring over reviews we couldn't decide between here and Club Tapiz so stayed 2 nights in Tapiz and 3 here - Finca was head and shoulders above Tapiz (also more expensive however in full season - we had half price accommodation as was off peak)
We stayed in a suite; it was by the pool and had a huge window looking onto the gardens, a a sumptuous king bed as well as a sitting area with a fireplace - gorgeous! All the touches were there - high quality bedlinen, great power in the shower, conditioner, good hairdryer, complimentary water, turndown etc..
The overall feeling here is not of an annonymous hotel but a welcoming home from home. It was very personal and yet we felt totally at ease; not claustrophobic. "Black Cat" (that's his name!) is very friendly and will curl up with you by the pool given less than half a chance - it's that kind of place. Heart warming. Staff were extremely accommodating - and we had a few changes to our plans..
What To do?
- Wineries! obvious things first
- The winery building in the grounds is a cosy welcoming place - complimentary bottle of Malbec (really good) the first night and divine cheese plate (you could eat here and not go out for dinner)
- Mendoza is a great activity/adventure destination; head into the Andes..
Having visited the wineries we went with Argentina Rafting (organised by hotel) white water rafting on the Mendoza river (on the tamer side in May, apparently crazy in Dec!) In the afternoon we did the zip lining tour which included two REALLY long cables across the river- brilliant if a little scary!
Our appetites for adrenaline whetted we went paragliding the following day (can't remember company but we left details with the hotel - VERY highly recommended from two usually cautious souls!)
- Hotel has bikes for guests for free use
- Swimming pool - not sure if the water was refrigerated! but it was remarkably clean (we did brave it followed by hot shower stat!)
- gorgeous area to lounge by the pool among the vineyards, glorious sunshine even in May
- Cookery class at the Finca - highly recommended! An evening outside by the wood fire with just us two and the lovely and very fun Christina who taught us to make empanadas and lomo (loin of beef) with chimichurri sauce over a bottle or two of the Finca's own malbec. An unexpected highlight for us.
- We had massages in our room for only US$20 each for an hour!
I'd better stop. This is a real treat. Don't go if you want bland international formality; if you want a special experience with real comfort, character, impeccable service and a smile on your face then Finca Adalgisa comes highly recommended...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Finca Adalgisa is an early 20th-century manor house and vineyard estate in the heart of Mendoza wine-growing region of Argentina. It is a charming family home converted in 2001 into the first boutique wine hotel and winery in Mendoza. Our guests are warmly welcomed as new friends and our home is your home. We have a relaxing and informal environment where things can be arranged spontaneously. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotel.de, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Finca Adalgisa Wine Hotel, Vineyard & Winery reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finca Adalgisa Boutique Hotel And Winery By Bodega Furlotti
- Finca Adalgisa Mendoza
- Finca Adalgisa Hotel Mendoza
- Finca Adalgisa Wine Hotel, Vineyard & Winery Chacras De Coria, Mendoza, Argentina