We went to Posada Borravino in the Argentine winter (August 2011) and truly enjoyed our stay. We posted a review of this posada on our travel blog, Mapplr.com.
The posada is just on the outskirts of a small town called Chacras de Corio which is home to many small wineries. Mendoza city itself is ugly and unappealing so it's much better to stay in one of the small towns (not that Chacras de Corio itself is incredibly charming). The town is very basic but at least you are close to small wineries and can bike to them, if the weather is good. We drove to the wineries in August because it was snowing.
Back to the posada: the owners gave us great recommendations on which wineries to visit and where to enjoy a tasting lunch. They also made reservations for us. In the evening, if you don't want to drive out to a restaurant you can have a light dinner at the posada which consists of very delicious charcuterie (jamon curado, mortadella, salame) from the farm of the owner's cousin as well as cheese and bread. Breakfasts are excellent: cereals, breads, cheeses, charcuterie, lots of fresh fruit, fresh juice, and eggs (scrambled, sunny side up, omelette, whatever).
Our room was very quiet and large, and it looked onto the pretty garden. The decor is cheerful and cozy, a stylish mix of rustic with contemporary touches. There is free WiFi throughout the posada.
We love this posada because of the incredible service and warmth of the owners.
If we come back to Mendoza, we will stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This rustic-style country house hotel is located 15 km from Mendoza. All its rooms are equipped with air conditioning, TV and private bathrooms.Posada Borravino is set in extensive gardens and shaded by poplar trees. There is an outdoor swimming pool where guests can cool off.A breakfast buffet is served each morning, and guests can enjoy a wide selection of Mendoza wines at the bar.There are many activities on offer in the area, guest can visit the bodegas of Mendoza, explore the wine route and whitewater raft, horse ride and hike nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Posada Borravino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Borravino Hotel Chacras De Coria
- Posada Borravino Chacras De Coria, Mendoza, Argentina