Lares was a real highlight of our trip to Mendoza. It genuinely felt like being a guest in a private home. At every turn we were made to feel so welcome and the personal service was incomparable to that which a larger branded hotel could deliver. We had a few late glasses of wine one evening and without any prompt some strawberries and ice cream appeared. We also enjoyed our complimentary welcome drink and celebratory champagne (honeymoon).
The wine cellar is well stocked and fairly priced.
There are a few bikes to borrow and Alta Vista, Clos du Chacras and Wiente wineries are all in easy reach. We particlarly liked Clos which is just down the road and has lunches.
Chacras du Coria is a small town with a few shops and places to eat. We didn't eat dinner at the hotel though it looked good and breakfast was nice.
A taxi to Mendoza was about $30 pesos at the time of our Oct 09 visit, we didn't feel we needed a car.
Our room was huge and opened onto the garden with pool. We managed some sunbathing but it wasn't quite swimming season.
It isn't a bland five star resort so don't expect an army of staff and full 24hrs service, it's small and personal but offers everything most people would want. There are a few dogs which do bark a bit but it's the countryside and we far preferred it to the usual banging of doors, lift noise and over eager housekeeping elsewhere.
We loved our stay, which was great value and such a nice example of hospitality done really well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lares de Chacras is a classic country style boutique hotel, located in Chacras de Coria, a small and picturesque village situated 15 km away from downtown Mendoza, where our guest can easily access to several restaurants and shops that cater to all tastes.Our "casona" is a space that combines comfort and simplicity in a natural and healthy environment. The hotel consists of 10 rooms, point that assures an intimate atmosphere for all our guests.The hotel boasts an innovative wine cellar which our guests can access in order to choose the best wine to pair a regional dinner in our restaurant. After a day touring the wine regions or The Andes, we invite you to enjoy our swimming pool with a hot tub or you can relax with a drink at our wine bar next to the play room with pool table.Our spacious and comfortable rooms will let you enjoy and feel at home. The rooms combines country style and the services the guests need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Lares de Chacras reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lares De Chacras Hotel Chacras De Coria
- Lares De Chacras Chacras De Coria, Mendoza, Argentina