“The Abbey is Gorgeous!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in North Tamborine
Brisbane
“The Abbey is Gorgeous!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

Last weekend we had a spur of the moment romantic weekend away to celebrate my partner's birthday. Even booking the hotel was a good experience. I had left a website enquiry after not being able to work out if the room was available or not. The managers at Lisson Grove called me a day or two later - and apologised as they were having IT issues. Needless to say, I was able to book the room.

As we were coming from Brisbane after work, we didn't get down to Mt Tambourine until about 7pm. The check in was easy and effortless. As we aren't very good at mornings, they were very accommodating about allowing a late check-out. However, I think was luck on our part due to the time of the next booking's arrival.

We stayed in the Abbey - which is beautiful! But it was a cold snap (or the start of the Queensland winter), so we were cold. However, the fire wasn't difficult to get going - and lovely and warm and romantic all in one.

More importantly, the Castle is a Day Spa. We got massages there that were excellent - very relaxing and well worth it!

Great place to relax, read books, drink tea or wine.

Room Tip: The cottages are a little way from the car park, along a gravel path. It is very picturesque, but I...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple

Families
Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Gympie, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

My partner and I (unfortunately) only had one night at this beautiful place!! We had a spur of the moment weekend away to celebrate my birthday and surprise engagement, The whole experience was absolutely fantastic, from the first greeting at reception, till the moment we left. We stayed in The Gamekeepers Cottage. Just beautiful! The atmosphere , especially with the open fire and massive spa, was so romantic. Even though the No Vacancy sign was up, we only saw two other people the whole time we were there. The birds and wildlife was amazing. We even had a couple of visits from the most amazing dog! Cannot recommend enough!!! I am only sorry we could only manage one night. Will certainly be back!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

Such lovely cottages in a great locaton, like it own little village even though we didnt see any other guests the entire time we were there. Beautiful birdlife, open fireplace, wineries nearby

Room Tip: our cottage was Tir Na Nog, will stay in the Abbey next time
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chookchick
Yamba, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

What a wonderful, well themed cottage. We loved the spa. The service was amazing and so was breakfast. The surrounding gardens were just spectacular too! I can't wait until next time. Thanks to the team at Lisson Grove

1 Thank Funkyshoes79
Gold Coast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2011

Thanks to my better half, I was taken away to an unknown destination! With my bags already packed for me we started climbing Tamborine Mt! Very happy that the week was behind me and excited to now know we were going into the mountains. We reached Lison Grove just after dark (we were running late) and thanks to nick, we already had our dinner ordered for us. We were given a torch and a map with all the hot spots mack out for us. I was keen to get out of the cold and start chilling out. We had a whole cottage to ourselves called the gamekeeper. In it was a real fire place. Sweet! The first night was one to remember! Open fire, room service, awesome girlfriend! Need I say more.
the next morning our breakfast arrived at the door. At first i was a bit shock with what i was given. a fruit crumble tart? nice but not filling. Then... the second course arrived. You beauty! Bacon & Eggs! Very satisfied. With no plans we talked about heading out for the day to see the sights. But instead we kinda got too comfortable! I grabbed some movies and yes I was happy to see they had some new releases i had not seen. Still recovering from the long week at work, This was exactly what I needed. In the room there was a huge spa bath, I mean huge! and on the veranda we were given some bird seed by the waitress at breakfast, which was cool. I'm not good with birds but these guys came staight to us while we sat on the porch! While I talking about birds, the wild life was great! whip birds in the morning, a saturn bower bird build fussing around with his nest right next to our cottage. I was told that is is quite rare. Back to the room. Everything you need is supplied. the plunger coffee in the fridge was a treat and because we stayed in the all day the cleaner came and made our bed restacked the wood supply and then so she wouldn't get in our way, get this took our dirty dishes away cleaned them somewhere else and then dropped them back clean with some fresh towels! WOW never seen that before. This place had all bases covered!
Another surprise was in store for me! I was then treated to a massage in the castle, The two of us both had a massage together in this huge castle dayspa. I didn't think i be soo relaxed. The warmth of the fire kept us from getting cold... Ordering a pizza delivered was
all that was needed. Still recovering from the huge breaky, an early night followed. the next morning another huge breaky, and a late check out was a nice touch. I didn't want ot leave. The only down fall was that we enjoyed our time together at Lisson Grove soo much we didn't get time to see much of the Mountain!! Hmmm, I gues we will just have to go back!! I recommend Lisson Grove to anyone looking for a place to do nothing but chill!!

Room Tip: don't plan too much, if you're only doing 2 nights!
2 Thank smofo
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2011

We aimed to get away to find a retreat to soothe our souls, comfort our minds and bless our bodies. It was a wonderful cottage that provided a warm and homely atmosphere much to our delight, rather than the stark and sanitized environment of a modern hotel. Our skilled host was welcoming and took extra effort to book us a table at our chosen restaurant, provided us a choice of complementary bottle of wine and ensured we were comfortable and happy with our amenities. Our idea of soothing our souls and comforting our minds was rewarded once tasting our complementary wine along with yummy chocolates that were placed on our bed and eased us into romantic conversations as we warmed ourselves by the open fire. We blessed our bodies using the spa bath with the additional bubbles and bath salts provided then wrapped ourselves in the warm and cuddly bath robes before sleeping soundly together in the comfortable and cosy bed. Our stay highlighted the next morning with a remarkably delicious breakfast of which I needed no help to consume and kept me active until dinnertime. This stay was exactly what we needed and more, I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a special occasion to connect with their companion.

Room Tip: When calling 'Lisson Grove' talk to Nick
1 Thank Stupendous66
Brisbane
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2010

The cabins are nice enough to look at once you pass the construction site entry. Open fire was great! The water was green and smelly, so the spa bath was completely superfluous. Bathroom robes had obviously been put away while still slightly damp. The smell made them unwearable. Host was friendly and tried hard.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Pethers Rainforest Retreat
Pethers Rainforest Retreat
#1 of 6 in North Tamborine
O'Reilly's Rainforest Retreat, Mountain Villas and Lost World Spa

Been to Lisson Grove? Share your experiences!