“Best brunch”

Price range: US$0 - US$21
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is my favourite cafe on the mountain with good food and great service. They do breakfast best but the rest of the menu features good eats. Try out the homemade muffins and doorstop fruit toast. Cozy atmosphere for big groups or a solo meal.

1  Thank Karyn W
There are newer reviews for Spice of Life Cafe & Deli

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I am not sure why this place is rated so highly. It is surely not for the coffee. I paid $8 for a long black and a cappuccino only to leave the cafe with hardly touched coffee on the table. There wasn't even that many people in the cafe. If I am going to pay $8 for 2 coffees I expect that coffee to be amazing and not taste like a dirty old rag. Mcdonalds makes a better coffee than these guys. Unfortunately we had to make the drive back to Brisbane tired and without any caffeine.

4  Thank Monica J
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Great atmosphere. Open BLT a real winner not to mention their juices and coffee which is best we have had since leaving Melbourne. 9/10 coffee which is good for Queensland!!LOL
Friendly service and lots native bird song to accompany lunch

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Worst treatment as a customer I have ever had to endure was at the hands of Spice Of life coffee shop in Mount Tamboirne. I walked in and there was a line at the counter so I joined waiting my turn. Three in front of me and another one behind me. Then a regular customer walked in so one of the staff walked past five in queue and said “Your usual?” taking his money and he went to sit down. He had his coffee and biscuit as I was ordering. So I took my number and sat down. While I was waiting another local couple walked in one sat down and his partner went up to order. (I heard the order and it was a plain cappuccino) Greeted by staff at the table and yes they had coffee before my coffee had turned up. So I went to the counter and asked to speak to the manager with my complaint. Yes I can put up with looking after good customers what really got under my skin was the manager calling me a liar by lying to my face saying “We do not look after locals above other customers.” I pointed out the two cases directly in front of me and she said it depends where the milk falls! Sometimes a skinny milk is ready and they get it ahead. I took a refund and left. I would strongly recommend that you do not support this shop. I will not be returning having been a regular every day trip for the last six years

3  Thank GusGardener
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Very cozy indeed. Chosen spot for afternoon tea with it's wide selection of cakes. Always a buzz and the last one to close on the strip. Friendly staff led by an attentive manager / owner. Small but varied deli to tempt everyone.

1  Thank TourismChief