“the best pizza i have had in Australia, period!”

Belvedere Restaurant on Main
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Wood fired, amazing quality ingredients, the best delicatessen quality meats from pepperoni to ham and authentic parma prosciutto i have seen on a pizza - plenty of it too in the topping.

Quality olives that you can feel the taste, not some cheapo bulk industry junk. Really great buffalo mozzarella.

OH MY, its one of those places that you talk about ten years later - if you like pizza, you had better not drive away without trying this amazing gem of an italian restaurant. Although we didnt try the other menu items for the italian food, the amazing quality of the pizzas would point to authentic restaurant meals as well.

It is always baffling to get dull tasteless pizzas almost everywhere - the industry should find out how these guys make their pizzas and patent it.

I love this place and next time i am in Queensland you can bet that this will be the main reason we go again to Tamborine Mountain. Prices very reasonable.

(my mouth is watering as i recall the flavours)

Seriously this is a great reason to visit Tamborine, the best pizza in Queensland.

I wish they could deliver to Victoria because there isnt a decent pizza joint withing 15 kms of my home.

thanks guys, from a fussy, picky, hard to impress family, thanks you so much,

MMMMMM Pizza'licious

There are newer reviews for Belvedere Restaurant on Main

Reviewed 22 August 2014

We dined here last night, the restaurant was very busy. We found the pricing to be some what at CBD pricing. Its known for its wood fired pizzas however we ordered one to share and a Pasta being a mushroom ravioli, that was divine however the Pizza was bland and not nice at all. What spoilt our night was a large group whom had young children that did not stay in their seats and screeched, basically made a lot of noise to the point where older couples left. If the parents did not address them then the staff certainly should have as you dont want to go out for dinner and feel as though you are in a kiddies playground. Upon paying the bill we told the staff how we felt. Upon my leaving the restaurant a female also sitting next to the noisy children came out and told me that they have every right to be there, I disagreed with that as I have also a right to a peace full dinner. I support restaurants that demand children must have reasonable behaviour for if an adult was there drunk and disorderly even though they may have a right to be there it would not be accepted and they would be asked to leave. Simply the parents lacked in their parenting skills as I and friends of mine have taken our children out and they always behaved in a restaurant. The manager should have addressed the situation with the parents immediately the screeching started and continued because no one did anything.
I also called the restaurant when I got home and spoke with the owner and said all of the above. I have a right to dine in peace without feeling as though I am in a playground.

1  Thank Gaile1958
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We came for a low key meal after several days of eating too well. What we got was good Italian cuisine with great flavor and fresh ingredients - nothing fancy, just good food. I had the lasagna, my husband had the cutlets plus we ordered a rocket salad and the spinach. All was excellent and very generous proportions. A glass of wine (very reasonably priced) topped off the meal.

The menu looks quite diverse so plenty of choice. (and for Pizza lovers . . we knew the people on another table and they recommended the pizza highly, good crust, generously topped)

Service was great in a relaxed, easy going manner. No fuss - helpful and friendly. The place was quite full on a Sunday night so may be worth calling ahead to check if a booking is needed.

1  Thank Oh-so-relaxed
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We arrived late Friday after driving up from Brisbane, so everywhere was closed. When we tried Belvedere we found all the patrons had gone, and it was just the Owner and one of the other staff members having a drink out the front. They were so nice, we had a chat, had some drinks and watched as they made us some delicious pizza. They actually kept the whole place open for us! So great, we will definitely be back!

1  Thank Grant R
Reviewed 5 August 2014

There are lots of plusses - the interior is cozy, the lady who served us was lovely and friendly and helpful. I ordered a soup which was an entree, for my main because I was not that hungry and I got a bigger serving without being charged any extra which was really nice. My husband had the wood fired Pizza and said that it was delicious and I thought that our meal was reasonably priced.

Negatives - My soup was actually way too salty though and I could not eat that much of it which was a shame. I thought that the pasta dishes on the menu were overpriced - They started at about $20 which I think is over the top for penne arabiata.

Overall though, it was a good experience and we would go back.