“A delightful guest house”

Mt Tamborine Stonehaven Guest House
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We are a family of three adult couples and stayed at Stonehaven Guest House from Friday 15 August until Tuesday 19 August 2014. We had an excellent time both on Mt Tambourine and at Stonehaven. The rooms are lovely, and well appointed, and every requirement is catered for (including yummy shortbreads in each room to accompany your coffee). The lounge / relaxation area possessed everything a guest would need (extensive DVD collection, decks of cards, wine & champagne glasses, microwave, comfortable couches. The garden is very Queensland with palms, tables and lots of green grass, really picturesque. To top it off our host drove us to a post wedding BBQ on the Sunday at another venue on the mountain. Who could ask for more. We could not recommend Stonehaven Guest house more highly, It was absolutely excellent and just delightful.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Rhonda231

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed here whilst visiting our son who was working on the mountain
The staff were very helpful and friendly. The room was spacious, comfortable and clean.
The bed was so soft; we were sad to leave and we loved the large spa.
It was a perfect stay. Check-in was quick.
We should have stayed longer!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sussan S
Reviewed 29 July 2014

It was a wonderful stay. I got an online bargain so I was happily surprised to find that the rooms were absolutely beautiful and very comfortable - much nicer than it seemed from the website pictures. The hosts were very friendly and the guest house itself was charming and quirky. If you're looking for a unique and romantic guest house experience, I highly recommend!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jess D
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stayed here a few years ago and loved it. The whole or Tamborine was laid back and restaurants were easy going.
The rooms in Stonehaven were large and the beds comfortable. The bathrooms were clean and well appointed. The owners were great and it was almost like staying with family. I cant think of any part of my stay that would put me off staying there again if i was in that part of the world.
Its easy to find and very pleasant once you are there.
I believe the owners were originally from Stonehaven in Scotland.
Its not so far by Australian standards to get to the airport at Brisbane or the Gold Coast and Surfers or the islands just off the coast. If you go to Australia you will be travelling a fair bit anyway. Its slightly bigger than England.

Room Tip: They are all good rooms but we had a room looking out at the rear garden which was great.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank pilotHampshire
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Everything about Stonehaven is gorgeous. The rooms are spacious and and beautifully decorated. The grounds offer delightful exploration. The owners are wonderful, warm and welcoming. Within easy walking distance to many restaurants, shops and bush tracks. An absolute must for any stay at Mt Tamborine!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I spend most of my time travelling, so very few places I come across actually impress me. Whilst the size of the bed is wonderful, it hardly matters if the people who run the hotel are overbearing, unfriendly or simply see you as a few dollars in their bank accounts.
Therefore I was absolutely delighted to stay at Stonehaven Guest house at beautiful Mt Tamborine in Queensland. A lovely setting, quiet, superbly clean....all the most important things for a traveller who works hard and does not wish to cook a meal in their room.
Whilst not a spa user, the inclusion of this would not go unused if I was travelling with my partner.
I rarely return to a place I have stayed at previously, but I made this the exception to the rule and should I return to the area again,I will be booking here without a doubt.

Room Tip: No fitness centre....for which I am eternally grateful. Bonnie Doon is MY room- do NOT book it thank...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 March 2014

This is a nice guest house located in a very good location in the Mountains. The owners are very friendly and hospitable. The rooms were very large and very spacious with all the mods including the jacuzy bath which got well utilized. The gardens out the back are beautiful and relaxing.

Room Tip: Get a room with the view of the back gardens
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
#1 of 2 in Mount Tamborine
Cedar Creek Lodges
Cedar Creek Lodges
#5 of 6 in North Tamborine

Been to Mt Tamborine Stonehaven Guest House? Share your experiences!