“Disaster waiting to happen”
Review of Hollywood International Buffet - CLOSED

Hollywood International Buffet
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Where do I start? This restaurant was in total disarray. From the time we entered to when we left I felt rushed. The sitting was for two hours but we barely ate. First of all it took them almost half an hour to seat us even though we had a booking. In the booking I had requested a wheelchair friendly table and they showed us to a table that barely had enough room for my group of six let alone the wheelchair. After another 10 minute wait and some arguing between the waiters in a foreign language, there was some shuffling done and we were shown to a table that was slightly better than the first. So by the time we were seated the waiting had eaten into 25% of our 2 hr sitting. That was just the beginning. The restaurant was so packed of mainly Asian people one could barely move. The tables were very close to each other. The queues were so long it took forever to get one tiny morsel of food on your plate. By the time you did the round and got back to your table everything was cold because it was warm to start with. Everyone knows warm food is a disaster waiting to happen. Food at this temperature is food poisoning in the making. Where are the health inspectors? Everything was mass produced quality. Prepared hours earlier and somehow kept barely warm then thrown into a stainless steel pan/tray for mostly uncivilized diners to serve themselves. I stood waiting for some apparently freshly steamed dumplings for about 15 mins and even though I was in what I thought was a queue I kept being ignored by the chef. He dished up the dumplings to others around me until I complained. The chef clearly favored the Asian people and ignored everyone else. I finally got 2 lousy dumplings only to discover when I sat down to eat them they were chicken and not prawn as I had requested. What horrible service!!! Desserts were just as bad. Queues were long and the portion sizes were minuscule. The kitchen staff struggled to replace empty trays and supply was definitely not equal to demand. There were often times people held up a queues while they waited for staff to replace food. The icing on the cake for the evening came when I saw an uncivilized Asian diner use the serving ladle to taste the juice from the fruit salad bowl then proceed to ladle it into his glass to be consumed as a drink. Probably because he was too stingy to buy himself a drink. Yuk!, disgusting!!! He did this in full view of a waiter who said nothing nor made any attempt to remove the fruit salad with the contaminated ladle in it. All up I would never ever recommend this restaurant to anyone nor would I ever go there agin. It was very low quality mass produced food. The staff barely spoke English and continually sounded like they were shouting at each other in their language. The staff also definitely favored the Asian diners. This is the sort of place one goes to if they are happy to eat low quality food. Definitely not for me!!!

7  Thank goudi