“Terrible!!! Absolutely Terrible restaurant!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating
Melbourne, Australia
“Terrible!!! Absolutely Terrible restaurant!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

I brought a lunch ticket cost me $318 dollars last months, today i was gonna go to this buffet have lunch with my family member, suddenly, the waiter push us out of the restaurant and said' your ticket is not used anymore, u can't eat here!' i ask them for why because when i check my ticket the expire day is in October this year. After the manager come out and tell me the reason is: because the boss has been change, so your ticket is not use anymore. When we try to explain the problem the manager said ' if you not happy go complain us then, we don't care!' Oh my God! what the hell was that ! In legal side, after we brought a gift or tickets, no matter what happens in the restaurant before the expire day, there is still the right to use this ticket. I hope my message can let everyone know that restaurant is absolutely terrible!!! Everyone don't go to that restaurant anymore! It got lots of nice buffet and restaurant beside tha. For example, China Bar is totally better than that terrible restaurant!

• Visited March 2014
5 Thank Micheal B

“Never again...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

Well this was my second visit.. First time when it was shortly after it opened, my experience was good decent food, good array of selection and service was good. Second visit for lunch absolutely never returning. Half the selections it states on the website was not available, food was not replenished adequately, no more salmon on the sushi selection. Cook staff didn't know any english and didn't bother to help. There food is packed with MSG, dessert was not topped up. Forget about going for the lunch Dim Sum.. What Dim Sum??? There was 3-4 selections and it didn't last long. With our without a voucher this place is just now not worth it anymore, they have gone downhill and they just can't be bothered with the standards anymore. Sorry but not returning here anymore.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank arcade_007
“Not bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

Went there with scoopon. The restaurant is clean. It was busy since we went there on Friday night. There are variety choices of food (Indian, Chinese, Western, Japanese cuisine). Most of them comes in mini bite sizes (sushi and desserts). The waiters are very polite and they work in fast pace. Toilet is clean. Overall, I am happy.

Ps: book prior visit.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank CindyTing20
Melbourne, Australia
“Disaster waiting to happen”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

Where do I start? This restaurant was in total disarray. From the time we entered to when we left I felt rushed. The sitting was for two hours but we barely ate. First of all it took them almost half an hour to seat us even though we had a booking. In the booking I had requested a wheelchair friendly table and they showed us to a table that barely had enough room for my group of six let alone the wheelchair. After another 10 minute wait and some arguing between the waiters in a foreign language, there was some shuffling done and we were shown to a table that was slightly better than the first. So by the time we were seated the waiting had eaten into 25% of our 2 hr sitting. That was just the beginning. The restaurant was so packed of mainly Asian people one could barely move. The tables were very close to each other. The queues were so long it took forever to get one tiny morsel of food on your plate. By the time you did the round and got back to your table everything was cold because it was warm to start with. Everyone knows warm food is a disaster waiting to happen. Food at this temperature is food poisoning in the making. Where are the health inspectors? Everything was mass produced quality. Prepared hours earlier and somehow kept barely warm then thrown into a stainless steel pan/tray for mostly uncivilized diners to serve themselves. I stood waiting for some apparently freshly steamed dumplings for about 15 mins and even though I was in what I thought was a queue I kept being ignored by the chef. He dished up the dumplings to others around me until I complained. The chef clearly favored the Asian people and ignored everyone else. I finally got 2 lousy dumplings only to discover when I sat down to eat them they were chicken and not prawn as I had requested. What horrible service!!! Desserts were just as bad. Queues were long and the portion sizes were minuscule. The kitchen staff struggled to replace empty trays and supply was definitely not equal to demand. There were often times people held up a queues while they waited for staff to replace food. The icing on the cake for the evening came when I saw an uncivilized Asian diner use the serving ladle to taste the juice from the fruit salad bowl then proceed to ladle it into his glass to be consumed as a drink. Probably because he was too stingy to buy himself a drink. Yuk!, disgusting!!! He did this in full view of a waiter who said nothing nor made any attempt to remove the fruit salad with the contaminated ladle in it. All up I would never ever recommend this restaurant to anyone nor would I ever go there agin. It was very low quality mass produced food. The staff barely spoke English and continually sounded like they were shouting at each other in their language. The staff also definitely favored the Asian diners. This is the sort of place one goes to if they are happy to eat low quality food. Definitely not for me!!!

• Visited June 2013