“Overpriced, Underwhelming Food Atrocioucity”
Review of Hollywood International Buffet - CLOSED

Hollywood International Buffet
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 June 2014

so you open business on one of the busiest and highly visable corners in Melbournes East with a swishy name like Hollywood International Buffet.......

well it couldnt be further from the truth.

- overpriced for whats being offered
- food was dead set ordinary
- half of the advertised food on the website isnt available as a selection
- food in warmers was cold
- dirty plates, some are absolutely atrocious, like they hadnt seen a dishwasher for a few days
- online booking service is a shambles
- service was pretty good but it resembled organised chaos

honestly, this place is under new management already and i dont think this management team will last long either.

dumplings usually have some filling in them, well i reckon these ones had been measured out to the size of a thumb nail. the fried rice was something you would expect from a packet in the supermarket. there was a few other pastry based asian foods that looked like they came striaght from the freezer sections of coles. you can have ice cream for dessert provided you only liked choclate which you could enjoy with your micro block of cake (as small as a lego brick).

you would almost suggest they should scrap the lot and start again and rethink it all through.

1  Thank Biot_Travel
There are newer reviews for Hollywood International Buffet

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

This is a buffet restaurant, primarily with an Asian flavor.

I went for a lunch on a weekday, when the price was around 19 a head.

Tip: At the moment it says book ahead to get a discount.

There was a nice selection of tasty dishes, yum cha pieces, soups, desserts ... I think there was also pasta and roasts available too.

It was quite quiet on a weekday lunch, leaving a very relaxed atmosphere that you won't find in most buffets. Good for a catch up with friends, parents groups meeting up, business meetings. At their current prices it is one of the best places for a very long lunch or dinner.

Note they also don't have many multiple seating time restricted sessions

The presentation of the restaurant is stylish too.

I highly recommend this as a very nice place to catch up with friends and relax.

1  Thank a t
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I bought a book of vouchers for $318, used only 4 vouchers. I went there for dinner with my daughter and they said I could not use any of the vouchers because management has changed. They asked me to go to consumer affairs or get a lawyer. What a waste of $318. Can someone tell me what I should do?

9  Thank Salina S
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I brought a lunch ticket cost me $318 dollars last months, today i was gonna go to this buffet have lunch with my family member, suddenly, the waiter push us out of the restaurant and said' your ticket is not used anymore, u can't eat here!' i ask them for why because when i check my ticket the expire day is in October this year. After the manager come out and tell me the reason is: because the boss has been change, so your ticket is not use anymore. When we try to explain the problem the manager said ' if you not happy go complain us then, we don't care!' Oh my God! what the hell was that ! In legal side, after we brought a gift or tickets, no matter what happens in the restaurant before the expire day, there is still the right to use this ticket. I hope my message can let everyone know that restaurant is absolutely terrible!!! Everyone don't go to that restaurant anymore! It got lots of nice buffet and restaurant beside tha. For example, China Bar is totally better than that terrible restaurant!

5  Thank Micheal B
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Well this was my second visit.. First time when it was shortly after it opened, my experience was good decent food, good array of selection and service was good. Second visit for lunch absolutely never returning. Half the selections it states on the website was not available, food was not replenished adequately, no more salmon on the sushi selection. Cook staff didn't know any english and didn't bother to help. There food is packed with MSG, dessert was not topped up. Forget about going for the lunch Dim Sum.. What Dim Sum??? There was 3-4 selections and it didn't last long. With our without a voucher this place is just now not worth it anymore, they have gone downhill and they just can't be bothered with the standards anymore. Sorry but not returning here anymore.

4  Thank arcade_007