“perfect for what I needed”

The Waverley International Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Glen Waverley
Bairnsdale
“perfect for what I needed”
Reviewed 11 February 2013

I stayed here for one night in early February 2013 and it was all that I wanted. Clean, very comfy beds, free parking, great location and friendly staff. I was a bit concerned, initially, that my ground floor, street facing room, would be noisy, but the tall, solid brick rendered fence ensured noise was minimal. Unlike other hotels I've stayed at, the acoustic buffer between rooms meant I didn't hear every toilet flush or conversation. I didn't stay for their breakfast, and found the local cafe's more than adequate for what i needed.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank KerryandTheGirls
Wei X, General Manager at The Waverley International Hotel, responded to this review, 13 February 2013
Dear Kerry,

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely email.

It was a pleasure reading how you enjoyed your stay at The Waverley International Hotel.

We look forward to seeing you again soon. Hopefully next time we can tempt you down to our dining room to try our buffet breakfast.

Warm Regards
Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed 24 January 2013

this hotel is reasonably well located close to shops and restaurants, however the beds were very uncomfortable and of very low quality. The mattress was bigger then the bed base so slid off and made for a very uncomfortable night
The staff didnt give a dam and I wouldnt ever stay here again

Room Tip: very uncomfortable I would choose another hotel
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Wei X, Owner at The Waverley International Hotel, responded to this review, 10 February 2013
Dear Bj,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback from your recent stay with us.

I am sorry to hear that several items did not meet your satisfaction.
Since recently purchasing the hotel we have begun the process of upgrading the rooms, this includes the beds and mattresses. We are currently replacing any beds that are not up to standard with top of the range commercial Sealy mattresses and bases, which will assure a great nights’ sleep.

With regards to receptions response towards your situation, I can guarantee that staff training and customer service is our top priority. Since receiving your feedback, staff have had refresher training in customer service to prevent this from reoccurring.

Again I sincerely apologise and hope that you will return to The Waverley International Hotel.

Regards

Travellers are raving about these Glen Waverley hotels

Cairns
Reviewed 20 January 2013 via mobile

After our flight being delayed, we finally arrived at 1.30am. The staff were very friendly and checked us in quickly.
The room was very clean, no dust anywhere, but there were stains on the carpet which made me keep my shoes on.
Apart from that, no real complaints.
I was surprised that it was called a hotel, definitely was a motel.

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Kimmy,

Thank you for your email, we really appreciate your feedback.

I am happy to hear that your stay at The Waverley International Hotel was pleasant and your experience with our friendly and efficient staff was a positive one.

It’s always encouraging to hear great comments about the cleanliness of our rooms as our housekeeping do an incredible job and are a vital part of our team.

With regards to the stains on the carpets, this certainly is something that should not have occurred; I have taken this issue up with our Housekeeping Coordinator who has promptly addressed the issue.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Sincere Regards
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 29 November 2012

Staff here very friendly and helpful as well.
I felt being at home as I was welcomed by staff at the reception and housekeeping with smile.
Personally, I am very particular about the cleanliness of the room, however, the room itself was amazing. I did not find any dust on the carpet, toilet and cupboard.
Its good that I could have 24 hours room-service
The quality of food is always exceed my standard.!! Personally I loved the steak and lamb shank here.
Good location from train station, shopping center and other pubs.
If you are looking for a place where it's comfortable with great service, This is the place!!!
Overall, I am very satisfied with my stay. I will definately come back here with my family.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 25 November 2012

upon booking the room (a two room Suite) i was called two days later to advise that i could no longer have that room and that they would move me to a single executive room with a balcony (Same Price no reduction).
Upon arrival the room certainly was large enough to hold the queen size bed the two of us and all the ANTS that were present. The balcony was a fully enclosed exercise yard, Something like out of a prison. The walls were 8 feet tall with NO VIEWS at all so balcony i don't think so. on the second night the Hot water lasted for 1 minute only and that was it NO FURTHER HOT WATER for tow days and not moved to another room. I was offered a free Beer for inconvenience I guess i could heat the beer up in the jug and use that as hot water (Beer). the mattress was nothing more the soft Foam Rubber from clark rubber cut into a square sore neck, back and rolled into the middle of the bed given that is the memory of the foam
I found out later that the IBIS across the road was $40 cheaper and better accommodation alas to late.
When checking out the person went to great pains to say they were a 4 star hotel I questioned this and then he said well it is a MOTEL not a HOTEL so is this a 4 star HOTEL not on your sweet nelly at best it is a 2 to 3 star MOTEL only.

Room Tip: DO NOT BOOK A ROOM AT This MOTEL. Book a room across the road at the IBIS or at the NOVOTEL 50 mete...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Tinbeerwah
Reviewed 1 October 2012

On the door to the reception is motel accreditation sign and perhaps this is a four star motel, but it is definitely not a four star hotel - much more a three star. Our room was an 'executive suite' and did just have space for the extra bed we requested. The motel also provided an extra towel ... but nothing else! There was no cable TV or Foxtel in the rooms, no gym, spa or pool. At breakfast the continental breakfast was basic at best (and the pastries tasted stale). On our first day it took staff 20 minutes to refill the empty fruit platter and 10 minutes to refill the coffee, so if you had an appointment to go to you simply missed out. During the entire period of our three day stay the three of us got little two shampoos and two little conditioners (an issue, since we had travelled light on the plane and so didn't bring our own), and no body lotion. Each day we were provided with one pack of (two) biscuits for the three of us to share! On the positive side the place was clean, but overall the service was poor and the standard of rooms, facilities and services a long way from the claimed four stars and certainly not value for money relative to quality.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank LesleyOz
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Booked in by employer, but not again. This is a motel next to a very busy main road.

Problems
Door lock on room didn't work, couldn't get in all the time.
Excessive traffic noise from the main road just outside the window, I had to put mattress over window to reduce noise. Slept on cushions - but not very well. A design flaw in hotel as no double glazing, or they could of put the bathroom on the road side to insulate room. Poor design.
Complained about above and got "upgraded" to a spa room, its the same ! but not on main road so can get some sleep. Except have to jam door as rattles and poured shampoo down drain to stop smell.
Expensive for what it is.

Good points
Location good near restaurants
Clean
staff good
clean
reasonable state of repair

Room Tip: get a room on kingsway side definitely not on 2nd floor on main road, ground floor has thick wall wh...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
#2 of 2 in Noble Park
Glen Inn
Glen Inn
#4 of 4 in Glen Waverley

Been to The Waverley International Hotel? Share your experiences!