“great place to stay”

Novotel Glen Waverley
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Glen Waverley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed on business.

Found that the room is clean, very contemporary, and comfortable.

All the amenities that you need are there, and the room size is definitely larger than your standard hotel rooms.

Just downstairs from the hotel are LOTS of restaurants as well as a cinema so you won't be short on the going-out options.

Will definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Andrew M, General Manager at Novotel Glen Waverley, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Max M,

Thank you for sharing your great experience with us.

This is great to see you enjoyed the room and our convenient location.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another great stay.

Portland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

we stayed in room 410 at the bend of the passageway. A very quiet room and a large bed. Very comfortable, and a remarkable lack of intrusive noises like water down the drain form other rooms etc. Stalf were fantastic. Donna and Wayne were particularly helpful and at breakfast although busy the stalf were cheerful and helpful. overall best experience yet. Well done Glen Waverley. Location -walking distance to many attractions, and food outlets.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Blackdavel,

Thank you for sending through your quiet bliss stay review.

Your stay sounds perfect and I will be sure to let Donna and Wayne know they were a helpful standout during your stay.

We look forward to seeing you back on your next visit.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Management must be proud of these staff. From the point of contact on the phone to walking through the entrance the customer is welcomed and treated like a VIP. Assistant Manager Vincent was accessible and visible on my last visit a year ago and his personable approach along with the professionalism of his staff is what prompts us to recommend Novotel Glen Waverley to our friends, family and colleagues. I had been booked at another facility close by but left a day early to replace my stay at the Novotel. In future it will be a no brainer to stay here from the get go. The staff on the front desk represent the company proudly. The majority could learn from this team. Keep up the awesome work and thank you for enhancing my stay. Can't say enough!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Debra Y
Dear Debra Y,

Thank you for sharing your perfect stay review with us.

We couldn't be happier knowing that you had a great stay with us and I will be sure to let Vincent know that he was a standout during your stay.

We are very proud of all of our staff as I know they strive to receive this level of satisfaction with all our guests and it is great to know when we hit the mark.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Maitland, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I normally stay at a 5 star hotel in Melbourne CBD. As I was catching up with friends after a wedding that side of town I had a night at Novotel. It was a fantastic room, clean, spacious, comfortable and adequate window coverings that kept the room without a peek of light overnight. I enjoyed the room service and in house movies. The staff particularly the front desk were excellent. Wouldn't hesitate returning to the Novotel chain again. :)

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jill A
Dear Jill A,

Thank you for sending through your perfect stay review.

This is great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and with the front desk staff being a standout during your stay.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

We arrived here a little frazzled after a long drive with a very grumpy, upset toddler, and were pushing a deadline for an appointment. However despite all this, we got a very warm welcome from the Novotel Glen Waverley. So much so that I think was the best check-in I have ever experienced, anywhere in the world!

There were two staff on reception, both very friendly, bubbly, attentive and lovely - one woman was checking us in while the other, a man, tried to cheer up our toddler with a small fluffy toy that he gave her as a gift. My partner had to go take a phone call, and while he was busy, the woman asked me about my morning, to which I said it has been an almost 2 hour drive with a grizzly baby, and she asked the occasion. I replied it was a surprise for my partner's birthday (I had a special day out planned), so she promptly gave me a gift of a small box of chocolates to give to my partner and offered a late checkout! The two staff that were on reception Saturday morning really were a great example of how it should be when you arrive at a hotel - they truly seemed happy to be helping and looking for ways to make the experience even better. An asset to the Novotel. Thank you!

After feeling so much better and really grateful for the friendly, kind reception, we went to the room which was lovely. The carpet is really soft on your feet and the bath was a spa bath. Nice! The only negative I have to say is that after the offer of a late checkout, we were locked out of our room at the usual checkout time, with handfuls of shopping and toddler, so we had to go back downstairs and get it sorted out. Unless one of the keys wasn't programmed right, it sucked being locked out. The checkout staff weren't as friendly but nice enough.

We'll be back next time!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank melbmum
Dear Melbmum,

Thank you for sharing your great experience with us.

Bernadette and Wayne definitely are a great check in team and they were really happy to hear how they turned around your car trip experience into a great stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

After paying in full on departure an amount of more than the full cost of the stay was held against my card for four days after departure until it cleared as it was a debit card it meant those funds were unavailable for my use for that period of time. I was not informed at check in that this was the procedure and certainly not given any option to have them hold a cash amount. This is completely unacceptable and their excuse that it is the bank that "hold" the funds when the hotel instigate the whole process is also unacceptable. The hotel would be aware that when they impose a hold on funds that the bank process will take some days to clear funds leaving those funds unavailable for use by their guests.

Stayed June 2014
Andrew M, General Manager at Novotel Glen Waverley, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Jim R,

Thank you for sharing your charge difficulties experienced after your stay.

You have covered the bond options available at check in very well and we are sorry that this was not explained to you on check in. Normally the funds on hold would be used to settle your account on checkout, leaving the difference to be released or charged if over the original hold amount. I understand that our staff were proactive in getting this issue resolved for you as soon as possible. Outside of this technical difficulty I hope that you enjoyed your stay experience with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Waverley
#5 of 158 in Melbourne
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,244 reviews
Parkville
Art Series - The Larwill Studio

Been to Novotel Glen Waverley? Share your experiences!