“Great atmosphere and food”

Yokohama Teppanyaki Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 148 Restaurants in Glen Waverley
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 March 2013

This is a great little Teppanyaki place to eat . Food is excellent and ample . The service fantastic couldnt ask for better , didnt wait for anything it just all happened without fuss.The chef we had was the most entertaining I have come across . He performed some magic tricks and food acrobatics which kept us all very entertained. Not to mention his great clinary skills. Would recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves this style.

1  Thank shane a

Reviewed 31 October 2012

After two visits to Yokohama Teppanyaki I am sad to say that I have not been impressed with the quality of food at all.

My first visit was for some sushi/sashimi. Nice presentation and very appealing, however the flavour and freshness was evidently missing. If your after sushi I would recommend going around the corner to Shiranui or Circuz. The quality and freshness of the sushi/sashimi in these restaurants are leaps and bounds above that found in Yokohama.

The second visit was for teppanyaki. The food was 'ok'. I have had some pretty bad teppanyaki in the past so the quality at Yokohama is passable in comparison. Basically it's nothing special. Depending on the chef you get, he may or may not do tricks/put on a show for you.

So if you really want to see a show make sure you ask before they even start. Our chef wasn't even willing to put on a show until we asked him.

Overall, for the price you pay I believe that there are much better options around Glen Waverly if you want Japanese.

Reviewed 1 September 2012

Had an early Father Day's dinner at this restaurant. Parked at the nearby The Glen Shopping Centre and walked a few short blocks to Kingsway. Lovely food, consistent standards (we have eaten here before), prompt and friendly service. We didn't do the teppanyaki but just ordered from the menu. The restaurant also accepted a company discount card which was a bonus. Was too full to consider dessert. Of course we will come back again. More convenient to eat here than drive all the way to the city.

2  Thank MRYMelbourne
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I thought it is equal to any Teppanyaki restaurant I have ever been too!
The food was beautiful and the skill and showmanship of the chef really made it a memorable evening!

1  Thank ChefWorm
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Yokohama Teppinyaki is not just 'all about the show'
That's not to say that you don't get a fantastic display of twirling bottles and knifes clanging you still do.
But the thing that really sets them apart is the food.
Everything is cooked and seasoned to perfection.
If you are going on a Friday or Saturday night book in advance as they are always busy.

1  Thank Jacqrabbit