“Improved and welcoming”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 January 2014

This restaurant has been relatively consistent over years but our recent visit in May 13 was disappointing. Time has elapsed and thought we would give it another go.

The service is and always has been excellent. Prompt and helpful.
Our meal on this occasion was chilli quail (always great) wrapped prawns with chilli sauce (both were entrees, and for the main meal Szechuan Beef which we shared. This was accompanied bu Singapore Noodles. The Beef was exceedingly tender (MSG???) but the taste was rather more like sweet and sour rather than the spicy Szechuen cooking we have experienced at most other restaurants. Although enjoyable I have some doubts about the style of cooking for this dish.

Cost of $75 seems a bit high but given what we had it was reasonable.

Certainly will visit this restaurant again but perhaps will steer clear of anything cooked Szechuen style

Reviewed 11 December 2013

We returned to this restaurant after a number of years as we had moved out of the area. Jason is still in charge and his influence is everywhere. The menu is extensive and not expensive.(Not the cheapest, but reasonable) The food is excellent and the staff are very attentative and so polite. They were very busy but still managed to give great service.

1  Thank WL_Management2013
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We visited here with friends and really enjoyed our meal. Excellent, friendly service and tasty food.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

I got take away and it was very average. the food was dry and a bit tough and this is the first chinese restaurant I have been to that forgot the dipping sauce for the dim sims and spring rolls. I didn't realise this till I got back to my hotel which was a pain. It may be better when you dine in but I won't be back to find out.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

A long established Chinese restaurant with great food, great service and reasonable prices. I have yet to find a better Chinese restaurant anywhere!