“Outstanding as always”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Outstanding as always”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

A gem of a suburban restaurant,consistent quality food and friendly service. The owner goes out of his way toske you welcome.

Melbourne Vic
“Indian At Its Best”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

What great service, great atmosphere but most importantly what great food. My wife and I have now visited this restaurant a number of times and will continue to do so whilst the food is of the highest quality.

Please people give this place a go, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited June 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent meal in an unprepossessing location.”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

The welcome was warm and the vegetable samosas made a great start. We followed with the tasty fish curry, the goat curry special and the beef masala. All were welll presented and each had its own flavour statement to make. The BYO licence meant that we could match our favourite wine to this fine food offering. Worth a repeat visit!

• Visited October 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Horrible Experience of rudeness and sarcasm”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I have held my daughter's 21st Birth Day at this restaurant where the bill ran quite high and was treated with respect by the owner. I visited a second time round for my own Birth Day last year and while the food was not highly appreciated by my family, I still gave it my tick of approval.

However, on Father's Day this year when we had food there I realized why there are so many bad reviews for this restaurant. I was not told there would be any minimum spend required when I booked the table for four. When the owner came round to take the order though, he insisted we give the full order at one go. We had had a late lunch and were not in for a big meal. When we placed an order for around $70, the owner said there was a minimum spend for Father's Day and it would be $25 per person. When my son in law said we were not told of this at the booking, the owner said 'you can't just nibble on papadams, we need to run a business and this is the day we make money.' We also told him the reason why we could not order more food. He was relentless in his lecture on making a profit.

After the $100 food my son in law ordered a Kulfi, a hard piece of iced dessert, and we requested for an additional plate and spoon. The waitress said 'I was about to bring four plates and spoons for you' This was the height of rudeness and sarcasm. My family said we would never ever visit this place again even if there was no food at all in the country and Mr Shergill was the only person who could feed us. Avoid this restaurant and do not go by the good reviews probably placed on behalf of the arrogant and rude owner. If you don't mind rudeness then give it a go! There are many other better places to have Indian food.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Claude P
Pattaya, Thailand
“Great Little Restaurant”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Went to Mirch Masala in a party of 8 the service was very pleasant and friendly.

We shared a wide range of dishes both appetizers and mains including meats, prawns, fish, vegetarian rices and breads all of which were extremely tasty, some delicious and were all served in a reasonable time after ordering.

The prices for both food and drinks were very reasonable

• Visited July 2013