Lake Tekapo Cottages
US$145
US$115
  • Restaurant
Mt Dobson Motel(Fairlie)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$94
US$78
Aorangi Motel(Fairlie)
US$87
The Lakes Motel(Twizel)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$115
No availability for your dates from our partners
The Godley Hotel(Lake Tekapo)
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewspotting shedtui cottagegreat locationone nighteaster breakheat pumpsuited our needsthe kitchenshort strolltwo couplesan enjoyable staystayed nightsfree wifihot showerhome away from homenew zealandwashing machine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 April 2013

we stayed in rowan cottage as part of an 8 day trip of the South Island with our 2yo toddler.

from the reviews, I hadn't expected too much of the property, however I have to admit that I was fairly disappointed when I first arrived especially considering I was paying $5nzd less for this place than the lovey clearbrook motel (Wanaka) where we'd stayed the night before.

however, given a little time I began to warm to the place and was relatively comfortable by the evening of our first day.

the great things are -
- the free Internet
- amazing shower
- good location about 5 minutes from the town centre & close to the church (stunning)
- travel cot (though I had to fold up a duvet to make it more comfortable for him to sleep)
- comfy bed

not so great -
- the sometimes very loud road noise coming in through the (closed) bedroom windows
- the second bedroom is right next to the living space and only has a curtain so must be quiet
- the lack of explanation we were given for turning on heating - it was ABSOLUTELY FREEZING the second night & when I told the lady at reception, she said why didn't you turn the heating on? To which I explained that we were never shown on arrival. when she asked why I didn't come & ask, I explained that it was 2am!

overall it was fine but I wish I hadn't paid as much when I think of where else we stayed for similar £.

that said, never my husband nor I were particularly taken with the town so that may not have helped! the lake was stunning b we were bored out of our trees! :-/

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2013

We stayed in Tui Cottage for two nights, had everything we needed for our stopover visit. The host was lovely, giving us good advice on where to eat in town. The heat pump worked a treat on the frosty mornings and the bed, while the duvet cover was a little naf, was very comfortable. Surroundings were lovely and we even made friends with a local cat on the deck. Wireless internet was fantastic, esp with the spotty coverage we sometimes get in smaller nz towns.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2013

We are staying in Tui Cottage which is a studio cottage with a small kitchenette and bathroom. Shower is great. Good tv reception for hubby to watch the V8's. Nice view of mountains from the deck. Very quiet. Arrived in the evening and it wasnt a problem as owners live onsite. Very friendly. We didnt bring doggie this time but dogs are welcome and there is plenty of space for them outside and rabbits to run after. Bring tea, coffee and sugar if you want a hot beverage as it is not provided in studio but we did get a small bottle of milk on checkin. I dont intend to cook while on my mini-break but there is a microwave, jug and toaster if you want to make your own breakfast. According to the visitors book folk have been staying here since 2007 so there is a bit of wear and tear but if you want Peppers Resort then go stay there and pay their prices. This is a good value option especially for dog owners. Will definitely return in winter so hubby can go skiing.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lucystarbuck
Reviewed 14 March 2013

We chose Rowan Cottage at Lake Tekapo, and although not modern and a little run down, the double and single beds provided were both comfortable, the most important thing! Comfy Lounge and seats, also good flat screen tv, free wireless internet and cooking facilities, though no salt and pepper or potato peeler provided, but after mentioning these things, Stephen only too happy to provide. You can walk to the church and lake from here and also into town if you wished. Stephen made some phone calls for me free of charge, very kindly. Definitely not an upmarket 5 star accommodatin, but If in Lake Tekapo again, would choose this accommodation for the privacy and comfort.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Not a very warm welcome and we were asked to pay for our 3 night stay right away but the credit card machine didn't work. We were told we would have to draw the money out of the local ATM and use cash. Before we left we asked them to try the card again without any luck. This was a really good quiet location for visiting Lake Tekapo. The discription furnishings to a very high standard is not quite as we would describe it but adequate for a 2 or 3 night stay. The bed was very comfortable. It didn't help when we were woken up on our last morning by a strimmer which kept going until we left at 10am! We don't think it was the owner but still very annoying and nothing done about it.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple