Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Agoda.com
US$118
View deal
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
All reviews spa bath the ground floor view from the balcony walking distance amazing views good size south island small town fantastic location great place to stay church shepherd lake tekapo accommodation queenstown microwave
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 January 2013

Great place. To die for view. Great service. The hosts went out of their way to be helpful. I will stay again and do tell my friends. Thank you for a great stay. Clean. Quite. Helpful. What more can i say

Date of stay: January 2013
1  Thank KathyO952
Reviewed 10 January 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel only for one night with two close friends, the hotel was well kept and the location was truly spectacular, bar none the best view in New Zealand to wake up to, Lake Tekapo in the morning sun is worth the hotel price alone, if you go anywere in New Zealand go to this hotel just for the View....

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 January 2013

its a fair motel room, nothing special and luxurious, but it is located by the lake. you have beautiful views of the lake in the morning and sundown as well as stars at night. a good stop to the mount cook area. be aware of sandflies at night

Room tip: free parking, second floor rooms have better views
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2012

In Dec 2011, we stayed in this resort, it didn't disappoint.

This December, I brought my family along and booked 2 rooms; Studio and Family unit. These 2 units are located in different blocks. Communication was made easy by using their inter-room phones.

My family members fell in love with their rooms. Parents got the studio unit and they were pleasantly amazed by the picturesque view of Lake Tekapo. Simple and facilities were all provided for. Family unit has cooking facilities so the others came to my unit for some supper.

The 4square supermarket down the road is well-equipped for simple meals.

Even though we went during Summer, it was cold. Say 13-18 degree celsius.

Don attended to us this time round and he was lovely. Utmost caring of all the lodging hosts that I have met.

Definitely would love to go back again.

Room tip: 2nd level units are the best.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 December 2012

We managed to get a last minute cancellation after deciding to head back to Christchurch via Lake Tekapo upon the recommendation of a friend and wow, we were not disappointed. After two weeks of touring around the South Island, I thought I had seen all the breathtaking sights but here was another. We were given a family room for three adults which overlooked the lake and paid NZ$182. It was on the first floor and was very clean and comfortable, just what we wanted. The proprietor was very friendly and helpful and pointed out places of interest such as the little church on the edge of the lake and the drive up to the summit of Mount John. I will definitely stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family