Priceline
David G
Auckland, New Zealand

Ordinary

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 10 Jul 2019via mobile
As a returning guest, this motel hasn't changed. It's 4 stars, but probably meets the minimum requirement for that and nothing more. Some hand cream would be welcome, given the very dry nature of the outdoor environment here. There was no table to eat at and no chair to sit on. Gas heated water is always a bit fiddly and on the off chance it wasn't heated by gas, it would be even more worrying. The value for money is not good compared with other motels in New Zealand, but competitive for Tekapo. As Tekapo development continues, this motel will eventually be relegated in favour of newer and more modern accommodation.
Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
DebbieH3648, Manager at Lake Tekapo Village Motel, responded to this review
Responded 14 Jul 2019
Thank you for staying with us. We highly appreciate your feedback. You may not have been aware that we do have two room types available - Studio Unit's, which you booked, and our Family Suite's which have fully equipped kitchen facilities with dining table and chairs.
We do supply Body Moisturiser along with Handwash which is on the wall to the right of the bathroom vanity. I am sorry that you missed it.
We believe we are very fortunate to have such a central location in the centre of the village, with lake views and a few minutes walk to the lake edge. We do hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in the McKenzie District.
Rhonda
£92
    £81
    £80
Restaurant
Church of the good shepard
£139
    £131
    £159
Restaurant
View more hotels in Lake Tekapo
All reviews spa bath upstairs room central location studio unit mt john would stay again dark sky stunning views stayed here for one night church lake tekapo supermarket queenstown microwave hosts winter
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 July 2019 via mobile

Had a business meeting to attend close by. My administration had booked my colleague and I into accommodation which I thought was this establishment. Didn’t even make it out of the car park to check in when the rudest person who I can only assume was the manager/owner, came out and asked me to move my car as he was expecting guests to arrive soon. The large car park (maybe 15+ spaces) was virtually empty except for one other vehicle. I was actually talking to my PA on my cell at the time to check that I had the right address. He actually told me to walk and talk back to my car because I was on private property. My colleague had walked to the front of this motel to grab some food. I drove out slowly as my PA gave me the right accommodation information (which is the Peppers Bluewater Resort - Im actually writing this review from Peppers - a definite upgrade from this inadequate motel). Another vehicle passed me and parked in virtually the same space that I had just vacated. The driver was Caucasian which I am not. Out of curiosity I partially parked and watched through my rear vision mirror - it was no surprise to me that this biased, racist, bigot manager/owner DID NOT give this unassuming traveller the same level of hostility that he had shown me. I work for an organisation that boasts a workforce of almost 1500+ staff that travel throughout the country regularly - guess who won’t EVER be considered as a preferred provider of accommodation in Tekapo? Learn to control your bigotry before you annoy the next intellectual indigene - you’re welcome.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank ntotr2016
Reviewed 7 July 2019

it was lovely staying at the Lake Tekapo Village Motel. right by the lake and well placed well within walking distance to several restaurants, and the tourist attractions. the rooms were standard and satisfactory.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
DebbieH3648, Manager at Lake Tekapo Village Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2019

Thank you for staying with us. We highly appreciate your feedback and are pleased you enjoyed your stay! Yes we agree that we have a perfect location in the centre of the village and within 2 minutes’ walk to the lake.
Rhonda & Richard

Reviewed 5 July 2019

A lovely friendly motel to stay. Amazingly it snowed on the Saturday night and Sunday. We arrived Monday so was just spectacular and I myself haven’t been in snow for years. Our room looked straight out at Lake Tekapo and was stunning in morning with the sunrise. Four days went very quickly and from swimming at night in the hot pools to restaurants and walking around will definitely be back. Everyone very friendly here.😃

Date of stay: May 2019
2  Thank KayE431
DebbieH3648, Manager at Lake Tekapo Village Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2019

Than you for your lovely review. The view across Lake Tekapo and up to the top of the Mountains is always spectacular but the snowfall certainly made our little village picture perfect !
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.
Richard & Rhonda

Reviewed 27 June 2019 via mobile

The room was cosy and comfortable for the 3 of us. And waking up to see this view every morning was simply wonderful. The staff at the front desk were also friendly and helpful.
What more can one ask for?

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank junew2206
Reviewed 19 May 2019

Adequate for a short stay in Tekapo. We booked fairly last minute and this was the cheapest place that we could find. Quite difficult to find (even with Google maps) from the main highway so was glad that we arrived in the daylight.
The room was clean and had basic kitchen amenities. Complimentary tea, coffee, hot chocolate and cookies were available. TV had Sky which was an added bonus.
The motel was a 5 minute walk from the supermarket, the lake front and the meeting point for the Observatory tours.
Perfectly adequate but expensive for what you get.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
DebbieH3648, Manager at Lake Tekapo Village Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2019

Thank you for staying with us. We highly appreciate your feedback and are pleased you enjoyed your stay! We agree that we do have a perfect central location in the village and a full view of the lake is merely steps away. We do hope that you have enjoyed the rest of your time in the Mackenzie - it is a wonderful spot.