Peppers Bluewater Resort
Mantra Lake Tekapo(Lake Tekapo)
US$298
  • Pool
Tekapo Heights(Lake Tekapo)
US$243
Tailor Made Tekapo Backpackers Hostel(Lake Tekapo)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$67
Lake Tekapo Cottages(Lake Tekapo)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$194
Lake Tekapo Holiday Homes(Lake Tekapo)(Great Value!)
US$201
Creel House(Lake Tekapo)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
Lake Tekapo Lodge(Lake Tekapo)
TripAdvisor
Three Rivers Lodge(Lake Tekapo)
Lakeview Tekapo(Lake Tekapo)
3,461 results
All reviewsbuffet breakfastlake viewthe ground floorliving areabedroom apartmentfull kitchenwashing machineheat pumpbeautiful locationone night staysouth islandhot poolsamazing viewstekapoupstairsaccommodationpumps
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Stayed here for one night during our journey south to Queenstown and we were not disappointed. We booked into a three bedroom apartment, which turned out to be two double bedrooms and a sofa bed but what a view of Lake Tekapo. The apartment was spotless and the beds extremely comfortable. Breakfast was included with cereals, fruits and a full cooked buffet if you wanted it, this was a real plus point. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. However given the standard of the accommodation I would expect complimentary WiFi in the apartment rather than having to pay for each minute used. Watch out for the doors especially if you have young children they are self closing and extremely heavy and always keep the keys in your pocket, it's possible to find yourself outside a locked door with the keys still inside.

Room Tip: Request an apartment with a lake view otherwise you could end up at the back of the resort.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My husband and I have stayed exclusively at Peppers whenever we visit Tekapo but on this trip we were seriously disappointed. We arrived at 2.45pm to check in only to be told we needed to wait 10-15 minutes for our room to be ready. Considering we pay from 2pm, this was not acceptable especially since we had just arrived after a 4 1/2 hour drive. After waiting for 10 minutes we were then told we needed to wait a further 10-15 mins for our room. It was then that I protested and an alternative room was offered. No apology for the inconvenience, no offer for a free drink while we wait, etc. I was given 1 key to the room and directed there. The staff asked if we had been to the resort before (yes, on many occasions - your records should have flagged that! Talk about feeling not like a valued guest!) We get to the room, 410a to find it is the absolute worst one you can have in the complex (you look out on to the parking lot) - But the rate was low ($165 per night) so we accepted it. The room itself was dirty - tap had a ring of filth around it and the shower had black mold all in the grout. Needs a serious clean. Black hairs left in the bathroom floor (I'm blonde so they weren't mine!!) SO not happy. We will be looking for alternative accommodation after that experience. We didn't even eat at the restaurant we were so angry with the service. Very disappointing! Peppers, you need to lift your game!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Greeted warmly by the staff, breathtaking views of the lake, restaurant food is good. Great location only a small town but its central to everything you need. Very cold over night be prepared for an icy car.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The resort was very nice and had a great location for visitors that didn't have a car. Service counter was good and so was the restaurant. However, I asked for an early check in of 12pm as I was arriving on a bus I made this arrangement a week in advance. Got to the resort and was told it wasn't ready. This was disappointing as I then had to go to the snow in clothing that wasn't suitable for the snow and it destroyed my clothing. Our hotel room was so tiny to move around and I hit my head and tripped over trying to move around the beds and two bags. The people up stairs was so loud it kept us up most of the night. I would stay at this resort again but I would save the extra money and purchase a villa for extra comfort and a view.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The resort was at a great location, with beautiful views of the lake and mountains. We were upgraded to a larger than standard-sized room. It included a frig and electric pot for tea/coffee. We ate dinner there one night at the restaurant, and it was truly excellent. All the great attractions of Tekapo are nearby. Our room was nice, except the shower appliance caused the water to go everywhere, and we did not get a dry shower mat for our second night even though the first one was soaking wet on the floor.

That said, I would rather be given an inclusive rate for certain conveniences than be nickel and dimed for things that are usually free at friendly, but not "resort" places. Internet rates were quite high ($8/hour or $20 for 24 hours, but then only for one internet appliance at a time) and no free internet in the lounge. There was a charge to use the outdoor grill. It seems like we were laughing about other ones. Let's face it: $8/hour for Internet is a ripoff! Most places we have visited in New Zealand have even let us stay an extra hour for no extra charge if they did not need the room immediately, but I believe Peppers wanted $25 for that, too. It just sours the experience for us when compared to other places we have stayed.

Room Tip: We went for a standard room (they are priced according to view), but we still had a partial view of the lake, so that was very nice!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple