We were picked up by the lodge's boat in the Nosy Be harbour and went on a 90 minute boat cruise to Tsarabanjina. Upon arrival we received a very warm welcome by the hotel staff and they also kept lunch for us as we were late due to fact that our flight was delayed. After lunch we were shown to our room, where our luggage was already been taken from the boat.
The rooms are fairly standard with no luxuries you would get at hotels such in Mauritius, but this is the idea of the lodge. Each room/ hut has it's own beach chairs, umbrella and table, which is set up every morning on the beach in front of your room by the friendly staff. The rooms are all set into the trees and palmtrees, overlooking the blue water and white beach.
For the more active, there's quite a bit to do as well. The lodge offers water skiing and wakeboarding from 11h00 -13h00, there are canoes, a hobbi to sail, dive centre and snorkeling.
You can get snorkeling gear from the lodge and go snorkeling whenever you feel like it. There are numerous reefs around the island and it's a breeze to snorkel there. The lodge also once a day offers a snorkeling trip with one of their staff and they either do it around the island or you take a short boat trip to other reefs.
Their are also other excursions such as walks around the island and handline fishing. The great thing is that most of the activities are free of charge, except day excursions to other island, scuba dving and deep sea fishing.
The restaurant and bar are just stunning. The bar area also only has beach sand as a floor, but this makes it so unique. You can sit there in the late afternoon and drink a cocktail with your feet in the sand. The restaurant is upstairs and this is where all meals are served. If you you want to dine somewhere different every night, this is not the place for you.
The food is very, very good, if you think that you are in the middle of the ocean and all the food has to be brought there by boat. Breakfast is the same everyday, but you can live withit as there a bit of choice. It's no big buffet, but as said enough so you can get by nicely. Lunch is quite light, but with the temperatures you have there it's just what you need. There obviously is a lot of fresh fruit and sea food on offer. For dinner you always have a choice of 3 main dishes and everynight there's something else of offer. We had the best duck at the lodge ever. I must say that I was quite impressed what came out of the kitchen everynight.
As we were on honeymoon they one night organized a private beach dinner for us, which was fantastic. It is very romantic and there's just something different being served on the beached.
Management also one night organized a cocktail evening before dinner on the beach and you could get to know the other guests a bit better and also speak to the managers etc.
Overall, it was the best choice we could have made. The island is very unique and untouched. The staff are the most helpfull and friendly you'll ever meet. If I have the chance, I will definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From ecological thatch roofing to unspoilt clear water, Constance Tsarabanjina is one of our unique resorts. All villas are built and decorated in simple tones with a hint of Constance comfort. Feast on fresh seafood and Malagasy specialities in sand floored restaurant and contemplate beautiful view from your hammock. Discover the island’s unique biodiversity with a guided nature walk or explore water still largely unexplored with guided snorkelling and private cruises. The friendly Akio Diving staff, professional and always available, will take you by the hand breathing underwater, and will make you live new experiences and unforgettable moments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Prestigia, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Constance Tsarabanjina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Constance Lodge Tsarabanjina Hotel Tsarabanjina
- Constance Hotel Tsarabanjina