The island is wonderfully green and the beaches are great and very clean. Great bird life, e.g. Madagascar sea eagles and kingfishers. Food is fine.
Unfortunately we experienced a cyclone - we were there at the beginning of February 2011 - which meant that there was quite a lot of rain afterwards. Visibility for snorkelling was zero after the cyclone. Moreover the humid weather was obviously ideal for sandflies. Although a lot of spraying was going on we suffered from lots of bites.
The island can only be reached by a two hour boat ride. Since the sea was very choppy getting out of the boat and getting in was not only dodgy, but outright dangerous as there is no safe landing pier.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From ecological thatch roofing to unspoilt clear water, Constance Tsarabanjina is one of our unique resorts. All villas are built and decorated in simple tones with a hint of Constance comfort. Feast on fresh seafood and Malagasy specialities in sand floored restaurant and contemplate beautiful view from your hammock. Discover the island’s unique biodiversity with a guided nature walk or explore water still largely unexplored with guided snorkelling and private cruises. The friendly Akio Diving staff, professional and always available, will take you by the hand breathing underwater, and will make you live new experiences and unforgettable moments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Constance Tsarabanjina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Constance Lodge Tsarabanjina Hotel Tsarabanjina
- Constance Hotel Tsarabanjina