“Great place for fun !”
Review of Casino Rama Resort

Casino Rama Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Rama
More attraction details
Owner description: Casino Rama Resort is Ontario's premier gaming & entertainment destination and has earned a reputation for presenting exclusive world-class sporting, entertainment & television events. Located near Orillia, Ontario, and just 90 minutes from Toronto, the resort offers a complete entertainment experience with over 2,500 slot machines, more than 110 gaming tables, 8 unique restaurants, a world-class 5,000 seat Entertainment Centre, and a 300-room all-suite, full-service hotel, featuring spa and health club facilities. Casino Rama Resort is operated by Penn National Gaming, Inc.
Toronto, Canada
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great place for fun !”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Yesterday at Rama we found the staff to be exceptionally helpful and pleasant ( some of the slots are difficult to understand and you can always ask for help ). The buffet lunch was tremendous .... Very well presented, huge selection of many kinds of food,( even vegan ), fresh and delicious. Restaurant staff go out of their way to assist you in any way they can. We have also been to various entertainment presentations in the past at Rama and they are awesome....many artists are people you would not see anywhere else. Fun Place! Worth the trip to Rama !

1 Thank Sue M

Markham, Canada
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“First time at Rama - to see a show”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Opted to take a bus to Rama because I went only to see a 9pm Jeff Foxworthy show and would be coming home late. Booked on DSL Tours because of its convenience. Left at 6:30pm and got to Rama at 8:20, enough time to find my way to the theatre. Staff were great, showed me to my seat -- I was surprised that the floor was 3/4 empty, I guess no one wanted to leave the casino! Fully booked by 9:05, though. The venue is great -- not an obstructed view in the house! Acoustics were good.

The show let out at 10:45pm and my bus didn't depart until 1am, so I toured the place (which was packed)! Nice gift shop, typical Aboriginal art, but not gimmicky. Didn't go into the restaurants, but would have liked to. The live band at the front of the house was amazing and attracted a lot of people. Game tables and slots were packed with people (it was a Saturday night). Found the video poker room and donated about $10 to Rama -- I thought that was great because my initial deposit was $20 and I left after an hour. Not quite Vegas, but better than Casino Niagara. I get bored with gambling after a while, so I thought an hour at the slots was pretty decent.

I thought the whole place was nice, clean and loud! I'd love to go back, and next time, I'll book a room-- I'd love to stay at Rama to take advantage of the slots and spa, and maybe tour Orillia.

2 Thank heartsinvegas
toronto
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“if you're looking for good food, an upbeat vibe & sophistication...go somewhere else”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I was at Casino Rama with a friend to see Allison Krause & Union Station + Willie Nelson & Family (I know, amazing lineup)...Unfortunately that's where the cool factor ended.
It's true, I am not a gambler (so perhaps my expectations were a bit high?), but aside from the super cool First Nations-inpired art in the foyer and restaurants (seriously, who is the artist?), the atmosphere at the casino was stale & depressing (a sea of vaguely lost-looking people, comfortable shoes and beige...).
We ate at Cedar, and after an hour-long wait, our food arrived - for me, a hamburger so tough it could have doubled as a discus, and my friend had chicken tenders resembling cardboard.
And...onto the theatre - if you go do not buy seats midway. For some reason, there was not only a railing, but a glass partition, "protecting" the people below, from all of us in the higher seats. We had to look either over the railing, or under the railing, through the glass, to see the stage and jumbotron screens. (oh, and they never turned the lights off above our heads...it totally killed the magic of being in the dark during a really great concert).
On a positive note? The washrooms were super-clean & the sound at the venue was quite good. Otherwise...I would try to find another place to see your favourite 80s Hair Band.

3 Thank tvl_14
Stouffville
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Casino -- St. Germains Restaurant”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The last time we were at Casino Rama, I submitted a review with the disappointment at the poor quality of food. This time we ate at the St. Germains restaurant and the food was absolutely, absolutely fantastic. My husband says it's one of the best steaks he has ever had -- and we have been on this earth for a while LOL!

2 Thank fussyfoodcritic
Phoenix, Arizona
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Vegas Style”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This is a really nice casino with both slots and table games as well as a poker room. Having been to several casinos in Ontario this by far was the best. There is a large adjoining hotel (which we did not stay in. It is obviously popular because the casino was very busy for midweek during the day.

1 Thank rocky0424