“First Class All the Way!!!”
Review of Casino Rama Resort

Casino Rama Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Rama
More attraction details
Owner description: Casino Rama Resort is Ontario's premier gaming & entertainment destination and has earned a reputation for presenting exclusive world-class sporting, entertainment & television events. Located near Orillia, Ontario, and just 90 minutes from Toronto, the resort offers a complete entertainment experience with over 2,500 slot machines, more than 110 gaming tables, 8 unique restaurants, a world-class 5,000 seat Entertainment Centre, and a 300-room all-suite, full-service hotel, featuring spa and health club facilities. Casino Rama Resort is operated by Penn National Gaming, Inc.
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“First Class All the Way!!!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We have visited this venue several times and, each and every time, we are so very pleased with everything. From the moment you enter the hotel lobby, you are treated with respect and such politeness. They are quick to get you into your room and settled in. This hotel has a spa and swimming pool. There is great shopping, especially the ladies' wear store, and there are many, many restaurants all, of which, serve great food. Also, the menu selection is so varied that everyone's taste is covered. The casino, itself, has a lot of slot machines to choose from and many table games to play. I have to admit that it would be nice to see a few more jackpots. Casino Rama brings in top notch entertainment all year long!!! I also want to say that the cleanliness of this establishment is second to none. I dare anyone to find a piece of dirt or dust in this beautiful facility.

The only negative and I guess it is a pretty big one is that there aren't as many payouts or jackpots where the slots are concerned or, maybe, I should say, we haven't experienced any. Maybe it is time to review the payouts on the slots!!!!!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Karen D

Barrie, Ontario
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Rock of Ages Disappointment”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Not a great concert venue. Purchased first row seats and had blocked view of stage! They need to be conscientious of the show in play and not use the same seating arrangement for every show!

Visited April 2014
2 Thank LISAfromBarrie43
Vancouver
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Going downhill real fast”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

They could be forgiven some of their past renovations' inconveniences but now they really don't seem to care who they inconvenience - combine that with their dimininshing payouts to the gamblers and you have a recipe for a change-of-venue for this gambling man.

3 Thank Bill R
Toronto, Canada
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great place for fun !”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Yesterday at Rama we found the staff to be exceptionally helpful and pleasant ( some of the slots are difficult to understand and you can always ask for help ). The buffet lunch was tremendous .... Very well presented, huge selection of many kinds of food,( even vegan ), fresh and delicious. Restaurant staff go out of their way to assist you in any way they can. We have also been to various entertainment presentations in the past at Rama and they are awesome....many artists are people you would not see anywhere else. Fun Place! Worth the trip to Rama !

1 Thank Sue M
Markham, Canada
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“First time at Rama - to see a show”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Opted to take a bus to Rama because I went only to see a 9pm Jeff Foxworthy show and would be coming home late. Booked on DSL Tours because of its convenience. Left at 6:30pm and got to Rama at 8:20, enough time to find my way to the theatre. Staff were great, showed me to my seat -- I was surprised that the floor was 3/4 empty, I guess no one wanted to leave the casino! Fully booked by 9:05, though. The venue is great -- not an obstructed view in the house! Acoustics were good.

The show let out at 10:45pm and my bus didn't depart until 1am, so I toured the place (which was packed)! Nice gift shop, typical Aboriginal art, but not gimmicky. Didn't go into the restaurants, but would have liked to. The live band at the front of the house was amazing and attracted a lot of people. Game tables and slots were packed with people (it was a Saturday night). Found the video poker room and donated about $10 to Rama -- I thought that was great because my initial deposit was $20 and I left after an hour. Not quite Vegas, but better than Casino Niagara. I get bored with gambling after a while, so I thought an hour at the slots was pretty decent.

I thought the whole place was nice, clean and loud! I'd love to go back, and next time, I'll book a room-- I'd love to stay at Rama to take advantage of the slots and spa, and maybe tour Orillia.

2 Thank heartsinvegas