“Wekday Getaway”
Review of Casino Rama Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rama
Casino Rama Resort
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Rama
Bowmanville, Canada
“Wekday Getaway”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Brilliant place to hide and relax! Wonderful large room with the fireplace, sitting area and very comfortable bed. You would have to go to a lot of trouble not to enjoy the comforts of Casino Rama! The service is excellent - wanted a mini fridge in the room and had it there within minutes

Room Tip: Really well worth the time to visit
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ted S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Canada
Reviewed 17 April 2014

The hotel at Casino Rama is fabulous - every room has a lovely gas fireplace, and all are suites (includes a couch, chairs, coffee table and small bistro type table & chairs). Lots of room, fairly quiet, and of course on-site if you are there for the events or gambling :)
Fitness center is small, but functional - never seems to be too busy either which is nice. Pool is a warm salt water pool, very relaxing.
Love this place, and will stay whenever we can!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank CanadaChrissy
CasinoRamaPR06, Public Relations Manager at Casino Rama Resort, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thanks for the review, we appreciate the feedback.
Collingwood, Canada
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We booked our stay over a month ago when we checked in Sat April 5th the staff informed us that our room was no longer available. I asked why we were not notified as we had just driven over 2 hours to arrive! I asked to speak to someone else as this was totally wrong! As we waited at the reservation desk for a representive to meet with us we watched 2 people walk in without reservations receive rooms. Ian the casino host was very apologetic and offered us a room at a hotel 15 minutes away and said " The show is sold out tonight and we have some big players that have arrived and it was business" Oh my God that was his quote!!! Casino Rama sent me the invite they never called me before or when we drove home no messages about the cancellation. I called later that night to complain to VIP services and they said it was awful but nothing they could do. Sorry casino Rama you can't treat people that way it's not right!!!!

Room Tip: Called before you leave to confirm that your room is still available and they haven't bumped you...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
24 Thank Travelling_fugitives
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Stayed January 5-7, 2014.

This was my first stay at the Casino Rama Hotel and it was great. By far it the best hotel in the area. I received the promotional rate of $129 per night. On booking I had requested a complimentary upgrade since it was a special occasion for my wife and I and the attendant noted this on file and said they would try. When I arrived the front desk staff called the players advantage desk to ask about an upgrade and I was told no. Its based on how much you play in the casino - if you're not a big spender, no upgrade - regardless if rooms are available or not. Room service is very good value for money, casino is a good size (for Canadian casinos) and Spa/Pool/Gym area very nice. There is a club floor and lounge on the top floor but those are the 'upgraded' rooms or cost $599 (I was told at the time). Casino Rama has several good restaurants on site (especially the buffet inside the casino) so no need to leave the resort. Get a players advantage card in the casino - it will save you $2 at some of the restaurants. Our standard rooms was quite spacious and included a fireplace and sofa (with sofabed) in addition to a King Bed. Coffee makers are provided but you have to ask for it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator to avoid the noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Second time visiting the casino in the past six months and will probably be my last. Because both visits occurred during inclement weather I availed myself of their $9 valet parking. Never again.

The car is parked for you without incident but when it is time to recover your vehicle the joke begins. For whatever reason you must go all the way to the casino cashier for parking payment and validation. After waiting in line for five minutes I am finally granted face time with a cashier. She happily takes my nine dollars and disappears into some back room with my money and my ticket. Some three or four minutes later she returns my ticket with a UPC coded sticker and instructs me to go the main lobby where a machine will read my ticket and simultaneously alert the valet staff to deliver my car.

After a three minute walk from the cashier to the main lobby I then spend another two minutes trying to get the machine to read my ticket, again and again. Frustrated I find some folks who are selling show tickets and ask for help. They march over to the machine while exclaiming I am not placing the ticket in front of the machine properly.

Despite their admonishments and their haughty demeanour the machine refuses to acknowledge my ticket again. They advise that they will call the valet and have my car delivered right away. No apology. No explanation. Ten minutes later my car appears.

From the time I walked to the cashier to pay for my ticket until I actually entered my car took 32 minutes!

It appears to me that the management and staff of Casino Rama have no clue regarding customer service. Some free advice people. Call Steve Wynn in Las Vegas. He built and successfully managed about six spectacular billion dollar resorts in this city and he wrote the book on casino management and specifically how to perfect customer service. You would do well to learn from him.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
9 Thank Don A
Whitby, Canada
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We bought a 'package deal' for one night stay with premium tickets to Foreigner.
Check- in was a breeze... our door keys, tickets and paperwork were on the counter waiting for our arrival. Fastest check-in ever and the staff were pleasurable and informative.
Our room was 308, very spacious and spotless!!!!!! Zero complaints.
We made our reservations at St. Germaine's when we bought our package so our table was ready promptly. We both ordered Prime rib and well...... both orders were overdone. We asked for medium RARE and both were medium well or well. Could not send it back cause we had a concert to get to. The whole meal could have used salt! Service was a bit disappointing. We had to wait 10 minutes for our bill................. glasses empty for a long time.
Later in the evening we ate at Cedar. I had the prime rib sandwich which was better than the prime rib at St. Germaine's. Shout out to Dolan who is an awesome server!!!
Service in the bars were excellent.
All n all...... will be back for another concert package.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tinytina2764
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 22 March 2014

First time visiting Rama and had a great time! Stayed on the Saturday night that Chicago was playing. Room was large and set up as a suite. Just a couple of minor issues ... no coffee machine in the room (would think that for the cost of the room they could provide a Keurig coffee machine and some coffee pods). Room had a gas fire place with a control panel on the wall, however, we fought to have the fireplace work all night (ended up having to use the pilot light & igniter located at the base of the fireplace) BF is a smoker, so stayed in a smoking room ... room definitely smelled of smoke. Ate at the Cedar Restaurant ... good food and a reasonable price. Nice weekend getaway. Look forward to returning.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank luv2travel805
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rama
Days Inn - Orillia
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#12 of 14 in Orillia
Best Western Plus Mariposa Inn & Conference Centre

Been to Casino Rama Resort? Share your experiences!