“Hallbarns to the rescue”

Hallbarns Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Simonburn B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We were walking Hadrain's wall and stopped for an overnight stay with Mrs Locke. Not only was her bedrooms lovely and comfortable but we were treated to home made cake and tea in the sitting room when we arrived. The evening meal was delicious and the breakfast excellent.
But the reason I am writing my first review is because of the support and care I got from Mrs Locke in dealing with an infected blister, not only did she help sort it out that evening but managed to get us a lift in Hexham to the chemist in the morning.
Customer care well above the average.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 May 2013

Very friendly welcome, Lovely quiet location, very comfortable and clean Had a very good nights sleep and presented with a wonderful breakfast to set us up fot the day ahead.
only stopped the one night but would recomend...

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2013

We spent two nights at Hallbarns over the Easter period. Friendly service, pleasant and clean rooms and a nice breakfast. The treat, however, was the wonderful fire in the sitting room and a cup of tea/home made cake when we arrived.

This is a very suitable B and B if you are walking or cycling the Wall (we were doing neither, but passing through on our way to Northumberland and back). We visited Kielder Observatory while we were here - a really fascinating evening, highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Friendly service, pleasant and clean rooms, all the expected facilities. A lovely full english breakfast and exceptional coffee!. A very enjoyable and relaxing nights stay. Would definately go again and recommend to family and friends.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Just returned from another weekend at Hallbarns and once again we had a wonderful experience. Lovely warm welcome from Margaret and Dick followed by tea or coffee and a slice of Margaret's delicious home made cake by the cosy fire in the lounge. The rooms are incredibly comfortable and immaculately clean with electric blanket on the bed and a toasty warm radiator. Ensuite facilities provide bath and shower with lots of piping hot water -just what's needed to get you going on the cold mornings. Breakfast was first class and we were fit to burst by the time we finished so well set up for a day out - you don't have to be a walker to stay here there are lots of places to visit on a leisurely weekend. To top it all off we found the price was reduced for visitors in the winter months - a lovely surprise finish to a brilliant weekend. Thank you Margaret and Dick for another fantastic stay and we will definitely be back soon.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2012

I stayed with my pregnant wife and three year old son for 4 nights. We picked the place mostly because it advertises a working farm (my son goes crazy for animals). From our first contact we seemed to get off on the wrong foot. When we said our son loves a farm the only reply was "the stables are empty". No effort was made to invite us to see anything on the farm which was a huge disappointment for all of us. The general feeling though was worse. We were never made to feel welcome. Our son was mostly regarded as a hazard for the carpet and guest room in general. I never met Dick but Margaret was down out rude. When I told her I could,t work the tv and asked for assistance she suggested me or my son had touched the wrong button and now she had to get a tv repair man. When I told her I did not think it was broken she threw the remotes on the bed and said; "fine you do it". Although I told here I did not like the way she was treating us it never got better. The so called homely feeling the I did have in so many other B & B's was far from there. Margaret managed to give us a pretty bad feeling for 4 days!

If your looking for the real B&B warmth and welcome and a child friendly surrounding, skip this place!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank Marcel D
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Got to Hallbarns after a long and very muddy walk and couldn't have been greeted more warmly. Dick and Margaret are both generous and welcoming people who made one feel at home instantly. The room was delightful, the food excellent, there was a fire in the lounge awaiting us, an incredibly comfortable bed, an enormous bath and the most wonderful location. can't wait to think of an excuse to go back.

Room Tip: The house is so comfortable and all the rooms had views.