“A Wonderful Wedding”

and 1 more site!
Andel Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Tottenhill B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Sad to see bad reviews about the Andel. We recently held our wedding here and cannot praise Tina and her staff enough for going the extra mile. Our ceremony was held in the garden room with the reception being in the restaurant, both rooms looked absolutely beautiful and service throughout the meal was brilliant. We stayed in the honeymoon suite for two nights, taking advantage of the large jacuzzi bath, yes there was traffic noise but as we had the window open and the hotel is on a main road I don't see what could have been done about that. Some of our friends also stayed the night of the wedding and all thought the hotel was lovely. Seven of us enjoyed an excellent breakfast the morning after the wedding. We look forward to our next visit, even if only for an excellent meal. Thank you Andel for giving us a magical day.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 May 2013

We have stayed in Andel Lodge- chalet room during bank holiday. Will not go back again. Rooms are very dated and so as plumbing. Until you can experience it - it is very hard imagine how noisy can bathroom be. Especially if all the pipes start to make boiling, squeaking, thundering noises and then finally blow on you water. And don't dare to flush toilet... Also it is few feet from main road with terrrible traffic. There is another factor - cleaness. Dust and spider webs are everywhere, can't survive without allergy medicine.
Could be lovely place if will have different management and more people to do job.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank M V
Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

I read the reviews but wanted somewhere dog friendly and close to the coast

I was not disappointed very dog friendly, lovely gardens to relax. Rooms are outside of the main building which for me was a plus.

Good food and lovely breakfast the waitress the owners daughter was amazing very friendly and helpful I would stay again.

Only negative for me was the light outside my room door was very bright making it difficult to sleep that aside good value, good parking and great if you are travelling with your dog.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 26 May 2013

cant give a review of this place as when we arrived to check in after booking with booking .com , we were told that our room had been given to someone else with the same surname poor people got confused with 2 people having the same name , would never go near this place again , they even confirmed they had the booking but had given the room to someone else , we then went to the castle hotel in downham market which we can not praise enough the hotel was perfect and everything was really good and i would recommend the castle hotel to everyone

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank deananddebs
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I stayed at this AWFUL PLACE on sunday the 19th may 2013 and was charged £89.50 for the priviledge. I was attending my friends sons' wedding at knighthill on the Saturday so had booked two nights there at a cost of £100 including breakfast, absolutely fabulous value for money, breakfast was the best I have ever had from any hotel I have stayed in. I decided to stay an extra night but because my son would be at work on the Monday ( he was looking after my little dog over the week end) I had to find somewhere to stay so choose The andel, big mistake ,when I called to book, this elderly abnocious man answered the phone very very rude if I could have found somewhere else I would have, not easy when you have to accommodate your pet, room was very poor value for money ,disgusting dirty toilet brush, awful pillows and bedding and slap dash breakfast could all have been so nice with a little effort as beautiful location, the owner needs to learn some costomer service skills before this place should be given a star value, absolutely never never never 4 stars. sort it out.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank libiloo
Reviewed 20 May 2013

My friend and I have been looking for somewhere lose to Watlington to have a hot drink while we wait for our daughters to be done with ballet. We saw that this place was open so popped in.
The moment we walked in, the TV in the lounge area was blaring.
We asked if the were open, the lady sitting at the bar said yes and went to fetch her husband. He arrived to asked what we wanted, which was a tea and a coffee. This led to a small amount of sniping between the husband and wife due the fact we hadn't specified what kind of "drink" we wanted. So, now my friend and I felt uncomfortable!
The tea and coffee arrived, lovely china etc so no complaints there.
During the whole time we were there, we were alone and felt like we were being watched.
We tried to make conversation with the lady which led us to believe that children weren't actually welcome here if we came for a Sunday lunch.
We decided there and then that it was not the kind of place that we'd be going back to again. We were made to feel very unwelcome and that our custom wasn't appreciated. No thanks!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JennieO1
Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a little dated but has potential to be lovely. The rooms are ok but no shower only a bath. The staff were friendly. The major downside was the awful smells. The whole place stank of bad cooking, rotten vegetables and awful pungent air freshner to try to cover the smell - it was so bad that in the end we felt we couldn't stomach the smell so left. It's a shame because the hotel could have been lovely. The smell unfortunately has stuck to our clothes even after only a few hours so the memory lingers! We shan't be returning,

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Nickily
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tottenhill
The Dukes Head Hotel
#2 of 15 in King's Lynn
Congham Hall Hotel & Spa
Congham Hall Hotel & Spa
#1 of 15 in King's Lynn

Been to Andel Lodge? Share your experiences!