“fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Siramik

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alltwalis
Siramik
Ranked #1 of 1 Alltwalis B&B and Inns
“fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I booked a days pottery course and two nights accommodation at siramik as a birthday present for my partner and I am really glad I did. The whole experience from start to finish was excellent made even more fun by our host yoka. She had so much patience with us having no previous experience of pottery, the theory and practice of the course was made fun and I learned so much more than I thought I would. We both found ourselves at ease with yoka's warm personality and the day just flew by. Saying that we managed to make a few pots, plates and a couple of pie dishes, I'm looking forward to seeing how they turn out! We both thoroughly enjoyed the experience we would hope to complete the weekend course sometime in the future.

We both found the accommodation extremely comfortable and peaceful as we were the only people staying at the b&b. The room had everything we needed, was really clean and was finished to a high standard without forgetting the eco energy saving touches which we really appreciated. The location for us was excellent it feels in the middle of nowhere but was only 15mins from Carmarthen which had plenty of options to east out. There's a really useful folder with information in the room about things like places to eat out & visit etc. Breakfast and lunch at siramik were delicious and being a vegitarian herself Yoka fully catered for my partner who is veggi. Yoka was an excellent host and we couldn't recommend a visit to siramik highly enough, we will definitely be back.

Thanks again yoka,

Ben & Alice

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BODS84

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Aberdare, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Earlier in May my husband and I stayed at Siramik's B&B for me to realise a lifelong dream of learning pottery. I can't recommend the course, the wonderful teacher, or the beautiful B&B and setting highly enough!
Absolutely wonderful in every way, I'd encourage anyone to stay, whether taking up the chance of pottery, or just to relax and enjoy the farm's hilltop setting in the most quiet and beautiful countryside.
The room was extremely comfy, crisp & clean ~ we both loved the Eco friendly nature of the buildings, and beautiful thoughtful touches in the rooms. Fab breakfasts, and if you're doing the weekend pottery course, some tasty lunches too!

For me the highlight was of course, the intensive pottery course, the owner is such a welcoming, and enthusiastic teacher, who's love of her craft radiates through her teaching! A very special lady with a very special gift. I am so thrilled that I'm hoping to continue with Yoka's weekly course too.

Though my husband didn't take the course, the rooms are equipped with lots of leaflets of places to visit, and the owners are most helpful,and more than willing to help make your stay both comfortable and memorable.
Yoka & her husband Brian made everyone feel so very welcome in their home, and we can't thank them enough.

About 15 mins drive from the town of Carmarthen, an ideal base .... We would highly recommend a stay here!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Teresa W
Port Talbot, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

I recently took up the weekend pottery course which I highly recommend. I thoroughly enjoyed this intensive course where Yoka the owner taught us many aspects of pottery from hand wedging clay through to the finishing touches of pots, and gave advice on other techniques eg glazing techniques etc. I made numerous pots, a jug and a plate. I found her to be a very inspiring, enthusiastic and patient teacher and I highly recommend this course.
The accommodation is lovely, clean and comfortable and situated in a beautiful countryside location which we were able to explore due to the fabulous weather we had. The breakfasts and lunches were homemade and very tasty.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

We visited Siramik in April for a one day pottery course. While we cannot comment on the accommodation the course was brilliant and would highly recommend it! We had never tried pottery before so were a bit apprehensive but Yoka soon put us at ease and made the day alot of fun, I highly doubt the course would be anywhere near as good if it werent for Yoka the very experienced and skilled teacher and her lovely personality! Would definitely recommend this course to people, great day out in a great location and you get some home made presents to take home with you!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Andernach, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

I stayed here in August while visiting family nearby, just as a B&B guest so I can't comment on the pottery classes. (sorry about the late write up!).

I was pleased to have discovered this gem of a place after all these years. The barn conversion I stayed in was very comfortable and tastefully decorated to a high standard. Spotlessly clean too. Although travelling alone, I was made to feel very welcome by the delightful Yoka and her family.

It is located at the end of a long single track, through a magical wood with beautiful valley and hill views along the way. It does feel quite isolated especially when driving at night. But it's still only 15 minutes drive from Carmarthen.

I would certainly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Emma6969
Durham Ont Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2011

WOW! What a great place, so clean and welcoming. Yoka and Bryan were excellent hosts. We had a day of pottery we thoroughly enjoyed and then spent the night in a wonderful converted barn. The views were some of the best in Wales we saw. We would not hesitate to recommend this B&B to anyone!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Vienna, Wien, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2011

This August we spent several days in Carmarthenshire, Wales, and were very happy to have booked a room at Siramik. We stayed in one of the four very comfortable rooms in a beautifully restored old barn on Yoka's and Bryan's farm in the midst of green hills.
There is tea, cookies and fresh fruit in the room, something - coming from the continent - we really appreciate.
Breakfast is served in the farm house in a nice dining room. You feel like being part of the family!
Yoka also has her pottery-studio in the barn and we had nice conversations with her on art and life.
We enjoyed our stay a lot!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Been to Siramik? Share your experiences!