Open today: 10:00 - 17:00
Review Highlights
Wow!!

What a fine display of military history and well presented. My son(9.) and I spent a full day and... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Andy T
via mobile
Fantastic collection - interesting even for non-tank visitors

Drove from Kent (took 4 hours) well worth the drive! Fantastic collection of tanks, especially the... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
carrotcakelady
Kent, United Kingdom

3,754 results
All reviews first world war military history on display annual pass rainy day gift aid all ages well worth a visit soft play area sandwiches free entry last visit value for money great place to visit monkey world armoured vehicles tracked vehicle
Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

Visited with my girlfriend over the weekend, we arrived at quite late in the day around 2pm, we were not prepared for the size of the place, we zipped around the exhibits in around 2.5 hours but you could easily spend a full day in this place if you took your time to read all of the information at each exhibit. The Tiger collection was a particular highlight for me, the scale of these machines is something to behold, no wonder they were so feared during the war! The trenches of ww1 were also very good, looking at the armour of these early tanks you would have had to be a braver man than me to be cooped up inside one! Well worth a visit, literally hundreds of tanks in various states to be seen. It’s great that battle damage can be seen on a large about of tanks and they have been sympathetically restored! I also found the price reasonable especially since it includes re-entry for a year!

Reviewed 3 February 2018

I first visited this museum some 50 years ago when the then whole display area could be fitted into a space no larger than that taken up by todays Café, This now has to be one of our countries finest museums and it gives the impression that it's development over the years has not been inhibited by cost and indeed the site is still a work in progress, I was also impressed by the friendly and helpful attitude of the Staff. To do it justice really requires more than just one or even two visits so the fact your ticket can be used for further visits over a 12 month period is pretty useful

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

This was my first visit to the Tank Museum. It was much more then I expected. Couldn’t believe how many tanks there actually were. All different kinds, makes, era and nations. I heard the Tank Feast it awesome and think I will definitely try and go. There is more then just tanks as well. The trench system is good to walk through. All in all a good day out, something the whole family can enjoy.

Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

The tank Museum has a fantastic collection of tanks from all eras. The staff are helpful and incredibly knowledgable, you can feel their passion when they talk about what life was like inside a tank. The trench section was great, especially for children. The tiger collection makes you realise how daunting it must have been for allied soldiers during the war....they look so powerful and well built.

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

Not been here for 25 yrs, much bigger now and very good displays. WW1 display very moving and informative.
Highly recommend.