“Great time and trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Kasba Lake Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kasba Lake
Kasba Lake Lodge
Naples, Florida
“Great time and trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

Superb fishing on Kasba and fly out to Pikeasaurus. Randy was an outstanding guide, knowledgeable and very personable. This was my wife's first fishing trip and she had a great experience. We hope to return soon!

Room Tip: Rooms were in cabins, cleaned daily, and all you could expect. Hot tub was by the game room, no poo...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Stittsville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

From 3 to 11 August my brother in law and I experienced the best fishing experienced of our lives. From the morning of our departure from Winnipeg Airport we were hosted and cared for in a first class manner. Great lodge, splendid meals, service with a smile and fishing extraordinaire in good boats manned by an experienced and enthusiastic guide who saw to our every need and made sure that we experienced Kasba Lake fishing at its best. Sure lunches were exquisite, physical welfare of senior fishermen was an obvious concern of our guide who impressed us with his knowledge, savour faire and by getting outstanding results. Our names appeared almost daily on the trophy board of the lodge as numerous giant Lake Trout between 18 and 35 pounds were landed and released as well as numerous trophy Arctic Grayling up to 4 1/4 pounds. Cabins were also first class with numerous amenities. We thoroughly enjoyed this unique experience fishing in the North-West Territories in a pristine environment which offered trophy fishing in three species.
Our expectations and needs were exceeded in all aspects, we would recommend Kasba Lake Lodge without reservation and look forward to going back.

Room Tip: All cabins that we saw were excellent
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Pierre B
Leaf River, IL.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

Fished Kasba 4 days. Wow! What an experience. I have fished many places in Canada and have done several fly ins and this by far was the best. The food here was excellent, 5 stars!!! The cabins were comfortable and the staff was excellent. Our guide Scotty W. was excellent, knew the lake and put us on some BIG fish. Caught a 35 lb. Lake Trout a 23, 19, 16 pounders also. The fly in trip to the Kazan river is a must. Caught many Arctic Grayling in the 2.5 to 3.5 lb. range. Scotty also cooks a mean shore lunch. One morning we caught over 50 Northern Pike and one afternoon over 40 Lake Trout. Some we could sight cast for that were feeding on bait fish. One bay on the Kazan River we were sight casting for Northern Pike 40" plus and caught several large Lake Trout also. If you are looking for a trip of a lifetime, this is it. Rob, Michelle, Matt and the whole staff will treat you right.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

Had high expectations before we arrived at Kasba and they were exceeded-exceeded-exceeded!!!

Great fishing-great accommodations-but most importantly staff who truly care about your experience. I did not know how to express my appreciation often enough for the way they treated my two sons. My sons never stopped smiling!!!

Guides were great fishermen who truly enjoyed fishing (a big plus) . They worked hard to catch a lot of fish and BIG fish. Plus great conversationalists. VERY VERY NICE!!

Won't comment much on the food except to say it was too good and too much---very talented chef!

The Hill family will certainly see us back again!

Overall-a ten. Been to several places in Canada and the NW Territories and without a doubt this was the best!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank mike m
Robbinsdale, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

To Whom it may concern:

Last year I attended Kasba for 4 days of fishing with my father. It was by far the best outpost fishing experience of our life. (We have done a lot of fly-in fishing trips) The fishing couldn't have been better, we caught huge lake trout with our biggest being 34.5lb and a 30.5lb laker. The guide knew how to put us on the fish and he kept it exciting. Tyler, our guide, was simply amazing. Along with great fishing also came great food and exceptional service. Everyone on the Kasba staff treated us like family. I will be heading up to Kasba in 2 weeks but this time I am staying for 9 days and bringing 8 friends along. There is something special up there and I can't wait to get back.

Cory Wiskow

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Cory W
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

From the moment we stepped off the charter jet on the Kasba runway that is a only steps away from the lodge, we were treated like we were a part of their family. We had a warm welcome from the staff as we walked into the lodge. After a terrific hearty breakfast, we went to our cozy cabin and got our gear together. Our guides were ready and waiting for us by our well equipped boat. We told our guide that we wanted to just catch a lot of fish - and did we ever ! We caught more lake trout and northern pike than I could count. On one occasion, our guide, using his GPS, took me to a specific deep fishing hole. He told me to drop the hook and bounce it off the bottom and you will then reel in a lake trout. I did just that... and a couple dozen more times as well. Each time I dropped the hook and gave it a bounce on the bottom I caught a lake trout. The guide then said it was time to move on and get some northern pike. My favorite story is that on the last day, I was actually done fishing and we were headed back to the lodge. I was enjoying the scenery while we were cruising along and the guide slowed down suddenly. I turned around and he was handing me my fishing rod. He said I might as well troll on the way back as to not waste any opportunity. In less than five minutes, I caught my largest fish of the week ! A beautiful 36" northern pike. My guide took my picture with it and I gently released the fish back into the lake. That moment made my entire trip...and that was after I thought I was done fishing !! Great overall experience. I also must say that each day, the guides cook an amazing lunch from a couple fish that we had just caught. They build a nice fire and and cook the fish in many different ways, whether fried, baked, grilled or our favorite was fiesta - which was grilled with salsa. Add in the potatoes and corn and baked beans that were all cooked over the campfire; we could not have asked for a better experience. It was so amazing that we are already booked for the 2012 season.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank HeeBee4
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

For many years I was a travel writer focusing on flyfishing, fishing and hunting around the world. My assignments were many, but one of the few destinations I keep going back to is Kasba Lake Lodge in the North-West Territories. There's are many good reasons for that.

First and foremost, the flyfishing and light-tackle angling at Kasba for lake trout, Arctic grayling and northern pike is world-class stuff, and I say that as someone who has caught 187 species of gamefish around the world. Kasba Lake is massive, and the people who run Kasba Lake Lodge have, over the years, figured it all out. With gin-clear water, gargantuan fish, the remarkable boreal forest, and a lodge attitude of keeping this special place as pristine as possible (it is fly-in only), the future bodes well for Kasba.

The guides (such as the famous "Banjo Bob") are highly knowledgeable and attentive to their guests' needs and skill sets. The boats and 4-stroke motors are in tip-top shape. The Beaver is a flying antique aquatic tank. The food is delicious and absurdly plentiful, with shore lunches you will never forget. The cabins are spacious and comfy. The bar is stocked.

Be sure to take at least one fly-out. I always opt for the Kazan River so I can throw dry flies (anything with a high profile, size 12 or 14) at grayling that are truly monstrous in this gorgeous river. Sometimes giant lakers eat the grayling you are trying to reel in. Snowbird is another excellent fly-out. I had to check July 2011 because the last time I was there is not available as a choice on Trip Advisor at the moment. The season is short (late June into August) due to the climate; the best sight-casting for pike is right after ice-out when they are in the shallows making little pike.

Kasba Lake Lodge is not the Canadian fly-in lodge to miss.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Robert N

Been to Kasba Lake Lodge? Share your experiences!