Kasba Lake Lodge
All reviewsfishmy sonspecial placekasbalodgetriplakeflykazanrangeweatherseasonscenerygroupdream
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Superb fishing on Kasba and fly out to Pikeasaurus. Randy was an outstanding guide, knowledgeable and very personable. This was my wife's first fishing trip and she had a great experience. We hope to return soon!

Room Tip: Rooms were in cabins, cleaned daily, and all you could expect. Hot tub was by the game room, no pool.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 4 September 2013

From 3 to 11 August my brother in law and I experienced the best fishing experienced of our lives. From the morning of our departure from Winnipeg Airport we were hosted and cared for in a first class manner. Great lodge, splendid meals, service with a smile and fishing extraordinaire in good boats manned by an experienced and enthusiastic guide who saw to our every need and made sure that we experienced Kasba Lake fishing at its best. Sure lunches were exquisite, physical welfare of senior fishermen was an obvious concern of our guide who impressed us with his knowledge, savour faire and by getting outstanding results. Our names appeared almost daily on the trophy board of the lodge as numerous giant Lake Trout between 18 and 35 pounds were landed and released as well as numerous trophy Arctic Grayling up to 4 1/4 pounds. Cabins were also first class with numerous amenities. We thoroughly enjoyed this unique experience fishing in the North-West Territories in a pristine environment which offered trophy fishing in three species.
Our expectations and needs were exceeded in all aspects, we would recommend Kasba Lake Lodge without reservation and look forward to going back.

Room Tip: All cabins that we saw were excellent
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Pierre B
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Fished Kasba 4 days. Wow! What an experience. I have fished many places in Canada and have done several fly ins and this by far was the best. The food here was excellent, 5 stars!!! The cabins were comfortable and the staff was excellent. Our guide Scotty W. was excellent, knew the lake and put us on some BIG fish. Caught a 35 lb. Lake Trout a 23, 19, 16 pounders also. The fly in trip to the Kazan river is a must. Caught many Arctic Grayling in the 2.5 to 3.5 lb. range. Scotty also cooks a mean shore lunch. One morning we caught over 50 Northern Pike and one afternoon over 40 Lake Trout. Some we could sight cast for that were feeding on bait fish. One bay on the Kazan River we were sight casting for Northern Pike 40" plus and caught several large Lake Trout also. If you are looking for a trip of a lifetime, this is it. Rob, Michelle, Matt and the whole staff will treat you right.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Had high expectations before we arrived at Kasba and they were exceeded-exceeded-exceeded!!!

Great fishing-great accommodations-but most importantly staff who truly care about your experience. I did not know how to express my appreciation often enough for the way they treated my two sons. My sons never stopped smiling!!!

Guides were great fishermen who truly enjoyed fishing (a big plus) . They worked hard to catch a lot of fish and BIG fish. Plus great conversationalists. VERY VERY NICE!!

Won't comment much on the food except to say it was too good and too much---very talented chef!

The Hill family will certainly see us back again!

Overall-a ten. Been to several places in Canada and the NW Territories and without a doubt this was the best!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank mike m
Reviewed 18 July 2013

To Whom it may concern:

Last year I attended Kasba for 4 days of fishing with my father. It was by far the best outpost fishing experience of our life. (We have done a lot of fly-in fishing trips) The fishing couldn't have been better, we caught huge lake trout with our biggest being 34.5lb and a 30.5lb laker. The guide knew how to put us on the fish and he kept it exciting. Tyler, our guide, was simply amazing. Along with great fishing also came great food and exceptional service. Everyone on the Kasba staff treated us like family. I will be heading up to Kasba in 2 weeks but this time I am staying for 9 days and bringing 8 friends along. There is something special up there and I can't wait to get back.

Cory Wiskow