“The Best Way To Experience Corbett”
other travellers have booked this property
my sweet home Sparrow Nest Corbett my childern
inside kitchen Vegitable
flowering
Modern bathroom
Ramesh Suyal naturalist Corbett National park india
wildlife tour which we mange for people.
Rangoli made by Mrs Asha Suyal
Rangoli on Diwali festive time
Piyush and Parth Suyal
sofa with table
King Size bed room
comfortable bed
welcome sign
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 29 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Pratikshy...
“The Best Way To Experience Corbett”
Reviewed 5 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016

I spent 2 days and a night at Sparrows Nest with the family. Mr Ramesh is one of the most respected guides and I was not disappointed by his stories of the jungle. The food was simple and really tasty. Something about the pure air of the area coupled with fresh ingredients made me eat twice my normal appetite! The bathroom was spotless and cleaned every day. The linens were fresh and bed was super comfortable.

Best part about any homestay are the conversations. Loved talking to the whole family. They were polite and really helpful. In one of the meal, when I mentioned having eaten a local delicacy years ago, the same dish was ready for my dinner. Such thoughtfulness is what makes these homestays memorable. Just remember that you are staying at someone's home and you will have a brilliant time.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The family and their attention to detail.
Liked least: No complaints whatsoever.
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 18-24
Friends getaway People with pets
ShrutiP25...
“Incredible hospitality, lovely family and amazing food”
Reviewed 4 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016
people found this review helpful

I spent 2 days and a night at Sparrows Nest with Mr Ramesh and his lovely family.

The rooms are spotlessly clean and comfortable, and I had running hot water throughout the day. Mr Ramesh's wife cooks delicious hot food with fresh produce from their kitchen garden. She also served refreshing hot tea multiple times a day.
Mr Ramesh is a reputed and experienced naturalist, and has many wonderful stories to share. His wife and children are incredibly polite and hospitable, and made me feel very much at home.
Please keep in mind that you are a guest in their home. I found this to be a wonderful experience and am glad I didn't stay at a hotel or resort.

RavindraK...
“Not for 2-3 day vacationer”
Reviewed 21 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016
person found this review helpful

This is the FIRST time we stayed as Homestay. I booked this place after reading reviews. I feel like I should have given more attention to the kind of travellers who are writing the reviews. I believe such kind of homestay is not good for traveller who are staying for 3 days.

I booked from Tripadvisor and paid electronically. But the host did not receive the money in his account. Whatever is the reason, host is still contacting me and I truly hope that he gets his money from Tripadvisor. Because of this situation, host was constantly in a bind – whether he will get his money. I showed him my confirmation of payment but that was of no use to him. This may have been the reason for not taking any efforts as for as service is concerned.

The rooms: Two rooms are at the same level where the host family lives. There is no privacy. The rooms were clean on day 1, but host did not clean it till we vacated, not even sweeped. The towels were clean, but host did not replace the towels in 3 days.

Food: The host family did not serve any food, though it is part of homestay. Host served tea in morning with cookies. There was no breakfast. Host asked if kids will eat Maggie, and then made Maggie for our kids one day. Toasted bread was served on another day, that too by asking if we want it. Hence we decided to eat outside for all meals.

Basically, it was like - we are supposed to roam on our own and come back just for sleeping. Though Mr Ramesh was helpful in the safari booking. As a person, he seems nice person.

Summary: If you are going to Jim Corbett National Park for 3-4 days vacation, I will not recommend such homestay. It’s better to book a hotel/resort and at least expect some aminities and service.

Liked best: Nothing
Liked least: No Service.. bad experience.
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
16 Dec 2016
Dear Mr. Ravindra Kalantari,

First and foremost, I am sorry that you did not have an ideal experience while staying with us at our homestay. That being said, I would like to personally address all of your concerns.

1) Our Homestay was newly added to Trip Advisor rental and yours was our first booking. Of course, there is no fault of yours in that. You did your due process. On our end though, we did not receive the amount you transferred, and neither did we receive any confirmation email from Trip Advisor. Even after following up with their Customer Care executives several times, they were not able to help us, and that is the reason we decided to trouble you for the confirmation and details etc. That being said, we can assure you that money or no money in our account, we would never ever let that affect our endeavours in serving you to the best of our abilities.

2) Rooms: Ours is a homestay. We live there too, and we're sorry you felt like you did not have enough privacy, though nowhere have we advertised or mentioned that you would be getting a private floor or a private area for your rooms.

3) Cleaning: You've mentioned that we did not clean the room even once. Sir, you would leave early in the morning at 5 am, and come back late in the evening, and the rooms were locked and the keys were with you. Just like in a hotel, if you let housekeeping come when you're gone, then they let themselves in. Otherwise, when you're back from your day out, you call them and ask to clean when you're around. We operate the same way, Sir. If you would have left the key with us, you would have come back to a clean room. However, we understand that you would not like to leave all of your belongings unattended, so you took your key with you. But when you came back, if you would have asked for room cleaning, of course we would have done it for you - no two ways about it! Same for the towels, Sir. Most guests bring their own towels, and do not ask for change of towels for as long as they're staying with us. Some use all our towels in one day, and ask for a fresh batch every few hours. But we operate on request. If you would have asked for more towels, as soon as you were done with the first batch, we would have delivered the same to your rooms immediately.

4) Sir, the package that you booked with us was a Breakfast-only package not the All Meals plan. And unlike hotel, we do not cook food in bulk and throw away what does not get consumed. That is why we asked you before preparing anything. Also, Sir, the breakfasts are very early in the morning (5 am), since after that you have to leave for the Safari. Most people do not like eating anything heavy so early in the morning, and that is why we always ask before preparing anything. I am sincerely sorry if you felt like the breakfast was not up to par, but it is the same thing that my children eat too. Maggi, Tea, Coffee, Toast, Chocolate Bread Toast, Cookies etc. is what our kids eat too, and we asked if we could prepare these things for you because you were traveling with children too. Once again, I understand that the Breakfast made you unhappy, and for that I am sorry.

5) Safaris: You mentioned that maybe we lacked in service because we did not get our money. Sir, the Forest Office takes Safari Bookings 45 days in advance, no exceptions. Still, we went out of our way to ensure that we could secure last minute bookings for you and your family, and registered the Gypsy to enter the Park for the days you were there.

I understand that you had a less-than-ideal stay with us, and for that I am sorry, Sir. But we assure you, our intentions were to provide you with the best possible experience during your visit to Corbett.

Thanks and regards,
Mr. Ramesh Suyal
Tigers in Corbett
kesolive...
Bourg Saint Maurice, France
“Great place to stay ! Fully recommend +++”
Reviewed 10 November 2016 for a stay in October 2016
person found this review helpful

We chose to stay in Sparrow's Nest because we had read good reviews and our email contact with Ramesh was friendly and reassuring. We were definitely not disappointed !
As teachers on an exchange trip, we could only stay, unfortunately, for a day and two nights as we were not on holiday, only on a weekend out of Delhi. Our train was delayed and we arrived really late but Ramesh and Asha were waiting for us with a welcoming smile and a hot meal !
Our experience in the homestay was one of those that you don't often get to have in your life...Ramesh is a genuinely kind person, obviously devoted to his job, we really enjoyed chatting with him about Jim Corbett, about animals and about his work. The safari was an unforgettable adventure, Ramesh is extremely knowledgable and observant, we enjoyed every minute !
The homestay is well-kept and welcoming, our room was very spacious and spotlessly clean. As for the food... well, Asha's cooking is simply divine, with home grown vegetables and such a variety of flavours. Sandra had never liked chai before she tasted Asha's ! We also met Rarmesh and Asha's children who were very polite and we enjoyed chatting to one of his sons.
Ramesh has a lot of sustainable projects, not only for animal protection but also to help develop his village and improve the life of its inhabitants. We were very impressed and give his projects our full support !
If you plan on going to Jim Corbett, go to Sparrow's Nest, you will not be disappointed I promise. We feel really quite nostalgic about our stay there and wish we could have stayed longer.
So hope we'll be able to go back some day !!! Thank you Ramesh !
Keri and Sandra

Liked best: l'accueil chaleureux
Liked least: Rien, on a tout aimé
Travelling group: Avec mes amis
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
welcome_d...
Hyderabad, India
“Wonderful stay with yummy food”
Reviewed 13 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

I stayed in Ramesh's house with my family. I would say he is very knowledgeable and helpful person in Corbett national park. He tries to help his guests to the extent possible. My two daughters fully enjoyed staying and playing with Ramesh's kids. The food provided was yummy , in fact he got local delicacies for us to taste and that was yummy.

He tried his best to make us comfortable. I would strongly encourage people to explore this if they are looking for relaxation and nature.

I would not advice people if they want hustle/bustle of city, TV etc. His house it close to nature and I prefer it to be that way only.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
15 Oct 2016
Hello Sir
it is good to know you had good time with us. infect my children also enjoy with your children.
lots thanks we will love to see your face again in corbett.
Dilip S
Vadodara, India
“Most Dependable Homestay of the Most Knowledgeable Guide”
Reviewed 25 August 2016 for a stay in May 2016

I first contacted Ramesh Suyal of Tigers in Corbett on 23rd Feb 2016 requesting him to arrange for our pick up at 2040 on 26th May from Ramnagar railway station , accommodation in his homestay on that night and next day morning safari at Jhirna zone of Jim Corbett National Park . Not only I received prompt affirmative answer from him , but whenever he wanted to have additional information he did not hesitate to call me . ( i e he never bothered for spending money on making a call to his client to provide better services to her ) .
We were damn pleased to see the swanky car he sent to receive us . The driver was also very polite . Thus Rameshji won the second round before we met .
The car stopped at a small nondescript tenement house called Sparrow Nest . we were shown our room by Rameshji . It was a clean , nice and well furnished room with attached sparkingly clean and big rest room .
The dinner was sumptuous . Rameshji’s wife was busy with preparing rotis , his daughter was serving us . It was a truly homely affair .
Next day when we returned from the Safari guided by Rameshji , we had our breakfast of stuffed paneer parothas . Vaijayanti doesn’t like milk products and though the dinner had two vegetables , both of them had prominent paneer . So Vaijayanti ate only Dal and rice . Therefore when she was served paneer parotha she requested could see get plain parotha Rameshji wife immediately satisfied her wish .
This is not the complaint . This was mentioned to explain just how responsive Rameshji’s family is .
Though I had booked my jungle stay and safaris at Bijarani and Dhikala from another agency earlier , I was so impressed by Rameshji’s hospitality , professionalism and guiding acumen I enquired him whether he would arrange for us such services in future , he promised me to look after our every need and provide well trained guides to us .
I was highly impressed when he told me that he took a loan of Rs 3,00,000 /- to expand his home to make a homestay and repaid the loan within 3 years , setting an example to his brother and friends how to earn more money without migrating elsewhere .
Rameshji , his brother and his friends who are part of Tigers in Corbett are there to welcome us whole heartedly to their kingdom where they are going to treat us as Royals , so without any hesitation pl contact Rameshji and frequently visit his homestay Sparrow Nest and Jim Corbett N P .

Liked best: Conversation with Rameshji
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
15 Oct 2016
Hello Sir
it is good to know you had good time with us.
we will love to see your face again in cortbett.
warm regard
SarbaniMa...
Ghaziabad, India
“Average home stay; good safaris”
Reviewed 13 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016
person found this review helpful

I had traveled to Corbett National Park with my family in the Holi break. We reached early, and were shown our room. We wasted our evening just sitting in this room, as he had apparently not planned anything for us that evening. There was no TV in the room to kill time.

Point to be noted: Talk to Mr Ramesh Suyal about what you are going to do everyday of your trip.

We went on a safari next day in the afternoon. On the third day, we were taken on a safari in the morning. The best part of our stay was obviously the safaris. Mr Suyal also took us around to the local barrage, a temple and the Corbett Museum at an extra cost of Rs 1500, which we thought was quite steep for a few hours of site-seeing. My bad, as I did not negotiate anything with him in advance. He asked and I paid. This is what I paid for 2 and a half days:

Pick up and drop from Indirapuram to his home stay: Rs 13000
2 safaris and 2 days meal: Rs 16000

Positives about the trip:

It was a relaxing trip
The safaris were really nice

Negatives:
As we never had experienced a home stay before, we did not know what to expect. There was a lack of privacy as the family shares the same floor as the guests. We had to tell them what we wanted to eat. At certain points it was embarrassing, asking for food when you were hungry after a safari. We thought the home stay could have been run more professionally.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
14 Apr 2016
Dear Mrs Sarbani Mandal,
We are glad to hear you enjoyed your safari experience but are sorry to hear that you did not feel the same about our homestay.
As we are a small, family-run homestay, we treat our guests as an extension of our family and would not recommend our homestay for those seeking complete privacy. At the same time, if guests wish to spend time in their rooms, we happily respect their wishes. Our homestay provides an escape from the noise of the city and does not have TVs; we instead hope that our guests will enjoy our company, the surrounding birdlife and the quiet.
Regarding the organising of tours, safaris and activities, we will endeavour to communicate options more clearly to guests in the future and will most certainly be even more conscientous about making sure guests do not go hungry at any time during their stay!
We appreciate your feedback.
Kind regards,
Ramesh Suyal
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing