“Lovely meal”

Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

Another lovely meal at the Momtaj. Great service as always and food is excellent . We recommend the lamb dishes which are always tender & the biriyani

Date of visit: June 2017
1  Thank Rin R
Momtaj S, Owner at Momtaj Spice, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2018

Reviewed 28 May 2017

Was passing through on canal boat holiday. My friends and I all fancied Indian and Momtaj Spice was local and seemed to have reasonable reviews. First thing we noticed was how reasonable drinks prices were all white wines in the menu under £10 pretty much unheard of these days, We all ordered starters I had a king prawn patia and puree it was first class with a really tasty sauce and decent size prawns. For main I ordered a spicy lamb dish the name escapes me it was a house speciality and not one of the more common dishes found on Indian restaurants in the UK. It was simply divine hot but not overpowered with chilli and the lamb was tender and well cooked. All my friends faired equally well and we went back to our narrowboat extremely content and not that much poorer, the value for money was exceptional. My only complaint is that I live 200 miles away and will be unlikely to visit again.

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank Terry R
Momtaj S, Manager at Momtaj Spice, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2018

Reviewed 25 May 2017

We eat here regularly and have never been disappointed, food is beautiful, freshly cooked with a deep blend of flavours. We came here with a big group and I was impressed, we did have a set meal (2 choices), but our 3 courses were served quickly and efficiently and the food was delicious and extremely good value.

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank Elaina G

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

First came 2 years ago on our boat. Not disappointed on our return. Fab food & great value for money. Just that little bit different to the usual. Friendly staff.

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank Helelpen

Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

As a local I've been eating at this restaurant for over 8 years. How this place is on our doorstep in a tiny village is beyond me. Food is beautiful and service is great. I would recommend the Chicken Saag Balti with extra chilli's. Very nice!

Date of visit: March 2017