“Lovely Space”
Review of Namaste Yoga Farm

and 1 more site!
Namaste Yoga Farm
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The most serene space with the feel of being in a jungle resort. Airy room with a view of the beach and a simple space. The only downside being that it doesn't have a full scale restaurant.

I am told by the staff that they are now upgrading the hotel to have a swimming pool and upgraded room facilities. I will be going back there to check it out the next season.

Room Tip: Ask for the beach view rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Last year i paid a visit to a beautiful, calm and inspiring place called the Namaste Yoga Farm. I found i when searching of a Iyengar yoga retreat in the South of India. After one phone call to the owner of the yoga farm - Olivier - I was convinced that this was my place to be.
Olivier asserted me that I could come, follow yoga and have a great time: exactly what I needed after a few weeks of bedazzling and hectic India. Also he upgraded my stay to a luxury suite, because it was the end of the season, it was quiet, and just because he could! This was such a nice gesture.

I arrived at the yoga farm and was overwhelmed by the beauty of the place: tropical plants, jungle trees, the beauty of the cottages, and the beautiful yoga hall that is situated a bit downhill in the midst of the jungle (including curious monkeys that come and say hello while you're sweating your butt off in the downward dog).
This place really was my home for a week: breakfast together, yoga in the morning, some you-time in the afternoon, then yoga again and diner together followed by some chess games.

The Iyengar yoga was the initial reason that drew me to the place. I was ready for an intense course to learn a lot and improve my asanas. Well, i came to the right place. With four hours of yoga a day by the very professional teacher, Stefano, i learned so much about my asanas: I still benefit! It was all yoga, improvement, perfection of your posture - true Iyengar, and not so much spirituality of one can call it that way. We didn't meditate or chant, but there was attention for pranayama which was really interesting. So if you're looking for an easyflowing spiritual retreat, i'd advise you to keep looking. If you want to work on your asanas and knowledge of yoga: you're in the right place. Also, there is enough time to meditate yourself and learn from other students, since everyone travelling in India seems to have a bit of experience in the field, there's always someone to learn from. I had some beautiful meditation moments on the rooftop of the appartment complex, with the sunset, view on the beach, birds flying by.... well, if you're not convinced now...

The owners of the place, Oli and Luisa, are truly the kindest people, making you feel at home, telling interesting stories. The food at the namaste Yoga Farm is simple but really healthy, always fresh and exactly what you want during a yoga retreat.

I will always remember my stay here, and if i have the chance i'd definitely come back!
Namaste,
Marit

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We have been there in spring 2014 and loved it immediately. The owners are kind and the rooms are very clean. What I liked is that they have a waterkettle and teabags in the room so you can have your tea whenever you want. As well there is drinking-water-bottles provided for free in the rooms.
The property is a real tropical garden, wonderfully maintained.
The breakfast is amazing. You eat with all the others and have a nice chat in the lounge.
I truly recommend this place!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Go to Gokarna to stay at this place! You will be consumed in serenity. This farm is built into the trees of the Gokarna hills. They have tree-houses as well!

The staff is over-friendly and can actually negotiate on the price if you are a student :D

The restaurant is wonderful and its a wonderful experience talking to the other customers and ofcourse the staff!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

We stay there for 3 days, the place is manage buy a great team, confortable bungalows and beautifull garden.. Even if the monkeys are eating all the flowers. We have yoga class with stephano, amazing and helpful instructions for going deeper in to the pose.. No restaurant but you have the german bakery just up the hill that do the best lasagna and fresh pasta...

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank banyananbang
Reviewed 25 February 2014

This is a fantastic place that makes you relax and enjoy your visit. It has a familiar and close atmosphere. The treehouses ads just that little uniqueness that make it a better place to stay. It's really close to the beach (but don't forget your flash light).
If you're up for it, there are yogaclasses and chessplaying on regular basis. I stayed at the Utopiaroom and I enjoyed it. I even had company of a small frog in the bathroom :)
The breakfast was divine! :)

Thank you for the fantastic stay, Luisa and Oliver:) I will be back:)

Room Tip: Look at the site and chose what level of service or experience you want.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Having stayed here in January of last year as a couple, we so loved the yoga farm that we planned our three week journey round south India to enable us to spend Christmas here. This time the trip included two families with eight kids between us so by the time we arrived in Gokarna on the overnight train from Cochin, we were ready for some R and R. It was really lovely to return and see nothing had changed, only improved. And meeting Oliver and Luisa, Candy, Amit and Stefano again we knew we made the right choice to come back. Arriving on Christmas Eve and seeing the decorations going up was brilliant, no one here was fed up with Christmas! Christmas morning yoga, followed by the kids opening their stockings on the lovely shady verandah, then a walk down to the beach to write messages in the sand to photo and email home made this the perfect day. We had an excellent evening meal of Tandori fish and prawns and beers at a restaurant recomended by Candy. The teenagers loved Gokarna town, with its medieval feel coupled with cheap shops and good local food. The boxing day walk to OM beach was great, the kids loved all the calves, puppies and monkeys we met along the way and we took the boat back. The brilliant added extras like Luisa helping the kids with their Spanish homework, Stefano being patient with our 'not very good at yoga' group, Oliver providing us with his special German stomach medicine when some of our 'travelling circus' had gone down with the inevitable, Candy being an absolute mine of information and a good friend and Amit trouble shooting all our onward travel plans - what more could you ask for. The combination of excellent staff and an out of this world location make this place so unique. So glad we returned.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family